Esteemed Contributor

Where are the sales? the bargains?

I've been watching HSN recently. For the last 2 days, their clearance prices on clothes, accessories, just about everything, are 30-40-50% off. With free shipping! If your accumulated orders equal or go over $75 in a 24-hr period, all your shipping and handling is absolutely FREE. On everything. So I've been buying like a maniac - these are items I'd want (need!) anyway, but to get everything half-off with free shipping is a huge incentive. Where are the incentives on QVC? Easy Pay? You still have to pay full price, but you can drag it out over 3 months. Not my idea of a bargain.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Re: Where are the sales? the bargains?

ITA .... but, on the other hand, to my knowledge, QVC has never promoted themselves as having the BEST prices ..... {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Respected Contributor

I remember the hosts saying that QVC doesn't have big sales because they always offer the lowest prices already. That they don't mark things up, only to reduce them. They haven't done that spiel for a while, but they used to say that all the time. Lol. Just like they can offer gold at the lowest prices due to their buying power. I guess things have changed. I don't think they can afford to let things go at reduced prices anymore.
Honored Contributor

Well, I know the hosts are discouraging you against it... I heard the oft-boring Sandra just yesterday painting the Q's pat picture of (gasp) brick and mortar shopping and just how truly frightening it is... but, well, that's where the sales and bargains are, because they surely aren't here... In fact, a lot of that stuff listed under the 'year end clearance' banner... well, it's been there for months...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Looking for Bargins on QVC is a exercise in futility.
Respected Contributor

Obviously, QVC made a bargain with an entity long ago never to present any bargains.

Their goal is to keep clothing items over a decade.

Honored Contributor

On 12/27/2014 insomniac said:

Obviously, QVC made a bargain with an entity long ago never to present any bargains.

lol

Trusted Contributor

On 12/27/2014 insomniac said:

Obviously...for the next time they come back into style. Then they'll position it as fashion forward!??