Honored Contributor

Re: Where are the real sale prices?

@CalminHeart wrote:

Other retailers have slashed prices on mountains of products.  Why hasn't Q?   I did price comparisons of several products and they were all significantly less elsewhere, most with much faster and free shipping. Q needs to compete if it wants to succeed long-term.

This is Q's M.O. and there have been other posts about this but it's particularly noticeable during the holidays.  

@CalminHeart 

The $3 to $7 off the QVC price just isnt much of an incentive....Woman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Othereeeen 

download (2).jpg

The only thing you could have added was the modeling of the FABULOUS clothing THUMB HOLES! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

One example of QVC Black Friday sale pricing -- I have been watching a ring sale priced at 59.85 plus 3.50 s/h, hoping for either a Black Friday price drop or free shipping.

I checked early this am and the Black Friday price is 66.50! Still 3.50 s/h.

Pretty disgusting.

Happy Thanksgiving all.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

at the BRICK AND MORTAR stores or other ONLINE retailers!!

I shopped for things I didn't even need today as the price was so good and free shipping...I couldn't resist!

I bought myself what I've been wanting new Fiesta dinnerware ...like I need another dish but its my new "addiction". (I've had my white plates for over 20 years!)

Bought my niece a beautiful pair of pjs, slippers and some other things.

And the list goes on...  gotta love a great sale!

Today no shopping channel peeked my interest.  The presentation I happened to flick on was for a "sweater shaver" or something like this -- I don't know how Amy with a straight face said "Oh and I know when someone knocks at your door you'll want to run this over the furniture!" .... What!!! shave the furniture ...then the vendor said "once someone gets this as a gift they want to gift to others!" ....oh goodness....the list of ridiculous sales tactics goes on ...

Honored Contributor

Re: returns/exchanges. If you purchase a gift online or at a store, you can get a gift receipt...no price, but the code is there to allow the receiver of the gift to return it or whatever.

With a gift from Q, what can they do if they don't need it, doesn't fit, etc.? Unless they call you up in embarrassment and ask you to return it for something else, they're stuck with it or they can re-gift it. I very rarely give gifts from Q for that reason. 

Trusted Contributor

I checked the price of the Wen body creme. It was marked down for Black Friday. (Drum roll, please)... from $79 to $77!! Woo-hoo!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 wrote:

at the BRICK AND MORTAR stores or other ONLINE retailers!!

I shopped for things I didn't even need today as the price was so good and free shipping...I couldn't resist!

I bought myself what I've been wanting new Fiesta dinnerware ...like I need another dish but its my new "addiction". (I've had my white plates for over 20 years!)

Bought my niece a beautiful pair of pjs, slippers and some other things.

And the list goes on...  gotta love a great sale!

Today no shopping channel peeked my interest.  The presentation I happened to flick on was for a "sweater shaver" or something like this -- I don't know how Amy with a straight face said "Oh and I know when someone knocks at your door you'll want to run this over the furniture!" .... What!!! shave the furniture ...then the vendor said "once someone gets this as a gift they want to gift to others!" ....oh goodness....the list of ridiculous sales tactics goes on ...

Oh yes, I always rush to shave the sofa when someone knocks at the door. How absurd. The hosts need a break if they have to resort to this nonsense. This made me laugh out loud.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lisa Y wrote:

I checked the price of the Wen body creme. It was marked down for Black Friday. (Drum roll, please)... from $79 to $77!! Woo-hoo!

@Lisa Y  Wow, with those barely there savings maybe you can buy a few stamps, not much else. Woman Very Happy

Valued Contributor

I got some really good deals at Kohl's today & free shipping over $25.00. Never left the house, delivered to me in less than a week & the prices were amazing! Most were presents, I already own several of the items but if I don't like something I can just return it at my local store. No return fee! I also was happy with Amazon today. I placed an order at 6:24 a.m., it shipped at 1:05 p.m. & will be here on Monday! Free shipping & returns! So I purchased nothing on QVC, no worries if I will receive it by Christmas no return fees & I am so happy!! Thank you QVC for waking me up to the fact you are not a very good company to deal with! I don't need your ezpays & for the people that do use them you're paying more than you should for merchandise. On Amazon with their card you can do monthly payments with no interest for 6 months if your total is over 100.00. 

Valued Contributor

They are at that point! Read all the posts! The hosts are not your "friends" they are well paid sales people! The quality, value & convenience is long gone! It's not convenient if you have to keep calling customer service to fix things that should not have happened in the first place !!