Honored Contributor

Re: Where are the real sale prices?

If I give a gift that's a Q related item or the person watches QVC and knows it was a TSV or the annoyance of that day, it cheapens the gift.

They feel like you just sat at the computer while mindlessly watching TV and typed in your order. Ordering on other sites have a little more "prestige" than a gift or gimmick from a shopping channel.

Respected Contributor

I bought gifts from QVC a few years ago and it didn’t go well other than the annual D Basso throw, which was well received. And if the person is not a Q shopper they aren’t interested in an exchange and then what do you do—hand them cash?—and you are not reimbursed for shipping, so that $$ is down the drain. Now I buy for myself only at the Q and buy my gifts from places where exchanges are immediate, not with a month of waiting.

Trusted Contributor

I have given a lot of gifts that I purchased from QVC and they were always well received. I don't really think it matters where and how a gift was purchased. Either someone likes their gift or they don't, for whatever reason. I am also one of the people who gave Poopouri spray as a gift to several folks, LOL!! I just figured this might not be something someone would necessarily buy for themselves, but they might really appreciate it later!! 😂
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been very happy with shopping on A this year...I have been able to get hard to find and uniqe gifts and they have all been received in one or 2 days in great condition...out of 7 of my most recent orders all have shipped free..all the while still waiting for the one tiny little package from QVC which I ordered before any of these from A and paid shipping on...I remember when shopping at the Q was a  pleasant experience but now its just a big hot mess ....its a little  sad to watch QVC spiraling out of control...maybe they will be able to get it together before it passes the point of no return  

Trusted Contributor

@Penelope59, I know, I really used to get excited when I placed an order on QVC! That anticipation isn't there anymore! Oh well, money saved, right?!
Respected Contributor

After being here for decades, I long ago stopped expecting to get any real bargains. (We used to get them at HSN, however!)

Honored Contributor

This has never been the place to find honest to goodness sale prices. All too often most of what's sold here can be found elswhere for less and for far less at places where real sales exist... I suspect they'll go out kicking and screaming before they ever change their approach, which is one of several reasons they aren't getting much of my business anymore...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

This has never been the place to find honest to goodness sale prices. All too often most of what's sold here can be found elswhere for less and for far less at places where real sales exist... I suspect they'll go out kicking and screaming before they ever change their approach, which is one of several reasons they aren't getting much of my business anymore...

@stevieb   Well I am bummed out as I bought two of the alexa things.  Now Amazon has them at 49.99 and I could have had both by Friday!!!  Grrrrrrrrrrrr  Mine won't get here the the 6th.   

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Agreed.  You'd think Q would want to compete for for the money.  I don't buy much either.  I prefer lower prices, fast and free shipping, free returns, and promotion codes. 

Valued Contributor

@Tom girl,  I had to sign on just  to agree with your post!  👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻