Honored Contributor

Re: Where are the real sale prices?

@BalletBabe wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

This has never been the place to find honest to goodness sale prices. All too often most of what's sold here can be found elswhere for less and for far less at places where real sales exist... I suspect they'll go out kicking and screaming before they ever change their approach, which is one of several reasons they aren't getting much of my business anymore...

@stevieb   Well I am bummed out as I bought two of the alexa things.  Now Amazon has them at 49.99 and I could have had both by Friday!!!  Grrrrrrrrrrrr  Mine won't get here the the 6th.   

everytime Q has one of these deals after a few days A has a better deal on their site, last summer there was a firestick TSV a few days before Prime day, Prime day was a bit better

@BalletBabe that is annoying for you 

they use ezpay to get buys

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

This has never been the place to find honest to goodness sale prices. All too often most of what's sold here can be found elswhere for less and for far less at places where real sales exist... I suspect they'll go out kicking and screaming before they ever change their approach, which is one of several reasons they aren't getting much of my business anymore...

I think it's really not so much the sales but the really poor shipping stats, and customer service has no authority to do anything to help out the callers , that has longterm viewers and buyers turned off

pricing is important too 

Honored Contributor

My money went to Kohl's and Macy's yesterday.  They had great markdowns along with promo codes and fast shipping.  I didn't buy a lot and the most I paid was for 1 item at 45% off the regular price.  The other couple of things were even lower.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I normally dont shop brick and mortar stores on Black Friday ..... and the weather was nasty---foggy drizzly, muggy....but my sis practically begged for me to go with her to find an outfit for a big meeting she is attending this week.....so we ventured out to the HUGE POPULAR SHOPPING CENTER---it was a nightmare...But she found some good deals at JCP!!!  But that store was so HOT...it was 75 outside and it felt like they had the heater on in the store...couldnt wait to leave that place---shouldve worn shorts...Woman Tongue   

And Kirklands had a good sale 25% off even on markdowned items!!! So many interesting and unique things all over the store!  My sis ended up paying $2 a piece for some beautiful ornaments....Now thats a sale.....I bought a couple of candle rings...

We did NOT venture to the mall across the highway.....will check sales at Dillards and Macys for myself on clothes and jewelry during the week early when the stores first open....best time to shop during the holiday season...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Reading this thread, the thread about TSV's and recalling the literally dozens of threads over the year outlining QVC's colossal FAIL, it becomes increasingly clear that QVC customer expectations slowly morphed over recent years while QVC continued to implement 'their model'... 'Business as usual' is no longer working for them and customers are not responding to the same tired model QVC has been employing for far too long... You have to wonder what it's going to take for them to wake up in West Chester... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

These shopping channels think they still have plenty of customers who value being entertained while shopping and are willing to overpay.  Some of the posters in this forum prove that point.  As long as these type of retailers stay in the bubble, they will eventually go down the tubes with the others, because their shoppers will slowly dwindle away.  I only make purchases from shopping networks after I've done my research.  No more impulse buys.  Yesterday, on black Friday, I purchased online from 5 retailers and paid discounted pricing from 35% to 50% on items I was very familiar with.  I got shipping notices with tracking numbers from every one of them beginning last night until early this morning.  Now, that's the service I'm looking for. 

Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb   Well I am bummed out as I bought two of the alexa things.  Now Amazon has them at 49.99 and I could have had both by Friday!!!  Grrrrrrrrrrrr  Mine won't get here the the 6th.   

everytime Q has one of these deals after a few days A has a better deal on their site, last summer there was a firestick TSV a few days before Prime day, Prime day was a bit better

@jackthebear   Well I learned.  I will buy no more Amazon products but from Amazon itself.  I actually bought a Roku that was cheaper at Amazon and I had it the next day.   I have found several items on here for Christmas, but I do check Amazon pricing first.  I cannot stand waiting anymore for packages.  Amazon has us all spoiled. 

Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@jackthebear   I forgot Amazon offers easy pay also.  

Esteemed Contributor

All the major retailers had their "sale or doorbuster pricing" this Black Friday "season". I saw extra special prices at Macy's and Walmart, but when I checked reviews on some of those items, I was uninspired.  Because of the "black Friday" every day pricing the stores have been offering for months, most of my holiday shopping is done. I did find several "sale" items at The Q, HSN and Amazon that I took advantage of. I truly miss the real Black Friday, but know that it is a thing of the past. 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖