Super Contributor

Where Did The Q We Love Go???

***I posted this rather lengthy post in "Suggestion Box" and thought I'd post it around other forums because I don't know where I should post these complaints felt by many other loyal QVC customers to get the hosts and QVC heads to read it. It seems the more I read around the forums, these concerns and comments are tucked in, lost among other posts, and never answered by QVC. Here goes:

<h1>Why Do You Suppose QVC/Hosts Ignore Loyal Customers?</h1>

I haven't been around the boards long, however, I've been around long enough to realize QVC and some of their hosts ignore questions posed on these boards from the very same customers who made them what they are today.

For fun QVC/hosts, let's go back to when you first started. You all were a bit nervous, shy, sure outgoing, but you reiterated what QVC stood for and how the customer should know how much you value them. To know you're valued, you must get answers to questions when you are taking the time to ask a question and spend your money on an item at QVC. So, ask yourselves this: does QVC stand for the same things now? I can answer for most of you. The answer is no. The reason might just be you've become the Wal-Mart of home shopping networks and you no longer have to worry if you're offending "the little people" because you have enough followers to keep you in fine clothing, beautiful homes, eating good food. Yep... you have all made it to the big time as far as on-air hosts go and only accept the "best" as you say to sell your wares. But really, you don't act like the best anymore at all. Some of the "best" have left, except for a very few. So, on behalf of all the people on these boards asking the SAME QUESTIONS over and over and over again about the SAME ITEMS and NEVER having their questions answered, I am writing this entry to open your eyes to your loyal customers. Hopefully, you will then get back in touch with that more sensitive side when you first began selling on the Q... and will once again feel the value of your loyal customers and SHOW appreciation by not ignoring them on the boards.

I think I'll start with the fact that:

QVC is only interested in the sale lately. If they can sell enough items not to worry about questions asked on the blogs helping customers find what they are looking for, that's what QVC will do... ignore the questions until hopefully the person will get so tired of asking, they'll eventually stop. Not so. I've read the SAME questions from the SAME people who never have their questions answered. In particular, Shawn's blog. She goes on and on about what she likes and everything about her or her family or this and that Isaac, yet when someone asks a simple question such as what item this top is or that ring, it's like the questions go into a black hole. They are never answered.

I have written a rather lengthy entry asking what is going on in that blog. Someone other than Shawn answered and said he/she would be sure to answer the questions and would discuss this WITH Shawn and would reply.... nothing, zip, nada! I've checked in every once and a while to see if other people had their questions answered - nope! So I asked what exactly the point of Shawn's blog was.... for her to go on and on.... or for her to interact with her loyal customers.... no answer. So people continue to ask where they can get this or that, and their questions are continually ignored. I'm amazed by that.

I'm sorry, but that is plain rude.

I don't care how little or much time a host has, they can give that work out to someone in QVC so their LOYAL customer can get an answer! More times than not, they are simply wondering what an item number is so they can purchase something because Customer Service hasn't been able to locate the item of interest. Is that too much to ask? I would hope not... especially since most hosts speak of their faith. One's faith is a connection to being good to people and being a good person in life. Ignoring the value of these wonderful people taking time out of their lives to gush over hosts is not acting in a faith-based way.

Hosts and QVC acting in this unprofessional manner ignoring their customers should be happy as heck they even have customers asking questions of them! This means the viewer is feeling comfortable enough with the host, and enjoys the host enough, to actually type away at their blog and pay their hard-earned money towards the item. It is beyond me how a QVC host(s) can continue to ignore the people reading their blog. One day with the continual avoidance of answering questions, there will be zero responses to their blog entry. Then they will finally get the hint people reading the blog don't only want to hear what they think is great because that means they are thinking of themselves. People reading the blogs would like to feel the host is reading what they have to say. If they were reading what people have to say, they would realize they are ignoring questions some feel are important. I've come to realize that in life, people simply want to at least think they are being heard.

Then we have the way QVC sells items on air...

They try to make everything we see on air an incredible, must-have purchase when they are just common, everyday items you can find elsewhere, without the shipping and handling fees. Yes I buy from QVC and I will continue to, but definitely not nearly as much as I used to because I feel QVC doesn't give you the value they insist they do. You see the thing is, QVC's hosts continue to oversell the "virtues" of the item currently on air, but that's about it. That's their job. That's what they get paid for... sell on air to a bunch of people so they can keep their job. They have their blue study/cheat sheets and use silly adjectives to build up the presence of whatever.

Just listen to Shawn one day string all her words together to try and make a sweater sound like it's a gold mine! Count how many times she uses the word "sweet" to make you feel all warm and cozy that you just bought the "sweet" twinset she's selling for Isaac. Shawn, come on now... you have such loyal followers of your blog that I recently started to read. I'm actually amazed that these lovely QVC listeners take time out of their day to profusely compliment you on everything you do, like you're a good friend of theirs. So where is the reciprocation on your part? Do you really think ignoring their questions but going on and on about the fact you love s'mores is really communicating with your QVC viewer? Why have a blog then. You cover that stuff on air. THINK what your viewer does for you. Or, try and watch how many times David rolls/crosses his eyes because the food he's eating is so absolutely fabulous he simply can't stand it! Come on now, settle down David. It's an item for sale, we're not ignorant. That cheesecake really isn't that good at all. Period.

Stop trying to paint pictures because we don't need your suggestions. We have our own lives to live the way WE choose. By using WEN we won't have gorgeous locks if we don't have thick hair like those hair models. We know that. If WEN grew hair, they would be selling it like Rogaine! Besides, when you build something up so much, like some of those Junior's Cheesecakes I've ordered, you are thoroughly disappointed once you receive them. We have a dozen wonderful bakeries in the area that special order or have on their shelves beautiful cheesecakes better than Junior's... not frozen and stale... fresh and creamy and luscious.

How about the call-ins QVC... sure the host will act all nice when people call in to gush to the vendor or host, and of course they want to talk to the consumer, but it usually is because the host/vendor "wants" to hear how the customer will use a various product or what they think about it; i.e. free advertising so someone else will agree enough with the caller and buy the item. When customers are nice enough to call to talk to the vendor/show host, it's for QVC's advantage, we got that. No one ever says anything bad about a product because they are told they can call their special number to have it fixed. The positive phone call is used as yet another tool to sell. The more people come up with ideas on how to use a product, or speak of their love for something, it makes other people want to buy the item due to the power of suggestion. It's a selling tool, period.

But when someone called the other night when Judith Ripka was on with Rick D, boy were a lot of us very surprised when the LOYAL customer asked the width of a ring in a set of three. Rick, you will remember that one, hopefully for a long time to come so you will never repeat your comment. You told this customer that you don't use rulers with Judith Ripka's jewelry! What? Seriously? Is that supposed to insult Judith that you would like to help out a customer by measuring her jewelry? Is the customer supposed to know by viewing it on TV when we all know TV distorts sizes and colors? Or was that meant as a dig to the customer like she should have known better than to ask for something Ripka to be measured because Judith's jewelry is too good for a ruler! Next time I suggest Judith bedazzle a ruler and bring it to QVC so when a LOYAL customer calls and asks a very decent question of a QVC show host who is supposed to be there FOR the customer, Judith can whip out the gaudy ruler and help out a person willing to spend their hard-earned money on her piece of jewelry! Rick... come on now... that was totally rude to that poor customer... pretend it was your wife or mom calling in! We don't NEED Judith's jewelry... stop worshipping her and realize it's the customer who buys her stuff! Oh... and stop ignoring Deanna and paying all your attention towards Suzanne, Judith. I'm sure poor Deanna was feeling like she didn't even belong there!

Well I've gone on and on for far too long and I'm shaking my head because I really, really feel no QVC person with any authority will read this, or care if they do, and we already know no show host will respond to the questions these wonderful people continue to ask. As a thought, I should list all the questions I've read with no answers.... QVC your head would spin IF you actually care.

So, I'll close for now. I do hope something I said moves someone inside of that large shopping network, Q-Mart, to make you realize people writing in these blogs have good intentions and they are nice people. However, it's their thoughts and questions that are disappearing in the vastness of QVC host stardom... what a real shame... tsk tsk.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

So, again, Where Did The Q We Love Go???