Super Contributor

Re: Where Are Courtney Webb.Rachelle McRay and Teri Cann(sp?)

@Johnnyeager wrote:

If that's where they stay I will never, ever see them again.  I don't seek out the 4th station digitally and don't get Q2.  If you aren't on Q1 as a host you don't exist to me.

LOL! - Totally agree!

Honored Contributor

I wonder why it's still taking so long for QVC and the cable companies to get all channels? I have Roku, so all 6 QVC & HSN channels stream there.  All of them are on one combined channel from the remote control.

More & more, QVC is placing seasoned hosts' shows on Q2.  Amy is there quite a bit now, as well as Carolyn and Antonella -- a lot.  They have not given the very recent hosts shows there as far as I can see.  

So Terri, Courtney Webb, Rachelle and Julia are still in the vortex of just one show a week on the main channel while reruns are being shown.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Either last week or the week before, I noticed Terri Conn posted her schedule on social media. She was doing 1 hour shifts from I think 1-2 in the morning.  

I posted about it, thinking I wouldn't want to bother getting up, driving to the studio and doing my hair and make-up for a lousy 1 hour.  It seems senseless.  

@Lipstickdiva 

I am sure that you are aware of this, but the hosts work more hours than what few hours we may view them on television. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Here's the Olympic Skeleton (this isn't Courtney!)

skeleton.jpg

You could not pay me enough money to do this. I have never seen this sport, but I have seen when the guys and gals are doing the bobsled competition and they loose control and slam into a wall on a tight turn. Can you imagine crashing into something at a high rate of speed in this position? (YIKES)

Esteemed Contributor

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Either last week or the week before, I noticed Terri Conn posted her schedule on social media. She was doing 1 hour shifts from I think 1-2 in the morning.  

I posted about it, thinking I wouldn't want to bother getting up, driving to the studio and doing my hair and make-up for a lousy 1 hour.  It seems senseless.  

@Lipstickdiva 

I am sure that you are aware of this, but the hosts work more hours than what few hours we may view them on television. 

@icezeus, yes I am aware of that.  I know they have to be in the studio 3 hours before their on air time for show prep.  And I know there are meetings, etc. involved.   However, they aren't in hair and make-up to come into the studio to prep for the show or attend meetings.  That just seems like a lot of work all the way around to get them camera ready to be on the air only 1 hour.

I don't know if they have host meetings at night for the hosts who work the overnight hours or if they are expected to be there during the day for meetings. 

Esteemed Contributor

They can't be having host meetings at night.  We've been informed by the insiders with the knowledge that all the lights are turned off in order to save operating expenses.

Respected Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

They can't be having host meetings at night.  We've been informed by the insiders with the knowledge that all the lights are turned off in order to save operating expenses.

Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

I see that the early morning/new hosts are popping up in other hosts' shows.  Today it's Courtney Webb in Alberti & Rachel's Gourmet show.  Two weeks ago it was Julia Cleary with a walk-on appearance in Mary Beth & Alberti's show.  I guess those are the easiest shows to have them walk in & out, or sit at that food table with other vendors and taste food.  No preparations or product study necessary.  

Most of the new hosts have done minute videos for QVC on social media announcing one thing or another.  QVC must be trying to keep them on-air ready, during this [mostly] hiatus.

Esteemed Contributor

Having 3 hosts on those food shows is so awkward and unnecessary.  Courtney contributed nothing to yesterday's food show (sorry fans for my assessment) and just seemed to hover around not really knowing what to do.