Valued Contributor

Re: Where Are Courtney Webb.Rachelle McRay and Teri Cann(sp?)

It's about instant gratification now, get it, use it, toss it. QVC has seen its better day and is making a feeble attempt at playing catch up to Amazon. Someone didn't have a very keen insight into the future like JB did with Amazon. They left the Q on cruise control far too long.
Esteemed Contributor

QVC would brag that its uniqueness was LIVE 24/7 Broadcasting (except for Christmas Day).  Now, they don't even have that.

Regular Contributor

They can use the tag line, "same old, same old!" especially considering the constant re-airing of the TSV during the overnight hours.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sashamatthews wrote:

How many CEOs at this level understand online selling and what this will mean one year, five years, even 10 years down the road?   Most couldn't even design a vision for selling months from now, let alone years.  Hosts will have to become aggressive influencers, with an online presence.  And they will have to be young, because the 18-30 crowd won't want to buy from Mom or Dad.  Amazon is the best at what it does, and I am sure TPTB have looked at it and are trying to figure out how to achieve a similar success in upcoming years, remembering that the most successful online sites do not have hosts and how can the Q incorporate live programming into the new world of shopping.

@sashamatthews 

What QVC offers in the form of live shopping must have some merit because AMAZON tried to do their version of live home shopping.......and guess what....their version didnt work and it was a BIG FLOP, .....BUT they say they are back to the drawing board and will try it again in the future....So everything Amazon touches doesnt always turn into gold.....

Here's a news release:

Amazon is having another shot at a QVC-style shopping channel that it hopes will gently persuade you into reaching for your credit card to make even more purchases from the ecommerce giant.  Amazon Live isn’t yet showing on Amazon’s main website, possibly because it wants to tweak the channel’s output and design before giving it greater prominence. This isn’t the first time Amazon has tried to make a success of an online shopping channel. Back in 2016 it launched Style Code Live comprising fashion- and beauty-focused shows, but just over a year later the company pulled it. We’ll have to wait and see if it can make a better go of the format the second time around.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

To me there is no reason to even leave the Q on for background noise because it's the same stuff offered throughout the day.  Maybe faster presentations of different products with the back up being on line.  QVC has hundreds of products on line that have never been show cased.  Maybe a wrap up at night?  I don't need to see the same jeans or top presented for 30 min.  I bet most of use make up our minds in the first 5 min.  Show us the features, show on models and move on.  Seriously, how long does it take to explain poo-pourri

Respected Contributor

@Teddixat Why?  Bottom line.

Honored Contributor

I have a feeling if Amazon did a version of the Q and it was a flop is because young people won't sit on their dead a--es and watch some dufuss host go on and on for hours. Lets face it young people know when they are being sold a bunch of nonsense by some show host. I know my son shops Amazon when he needs something, he researches the product and pricing on his own and it takes minutes, not hours of his time.

Valued Contributor

@blackhole99 Well said!! I know my teens aren't in a recliner watching a 30 minute presentation of a wooden spoon or a heating pad. Need a spoon? Go to target, heating pad same thing. No time hit up Amazon.
Instant gratification.
Esteemed Contributor

Courtney Webb was on last night presenting Peace Love World with the vendor. That is the only show I watched, so I don't know if she presented anything else. She is so pretty, is always very knowledgeable about the products she presents, and is my favorite amongst the new hosts. I just love her energy, and poise.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

I don't see Julia Cearley scheduled at all for a 1-2 am shift at all.

And she moved all the way from Los Angeles for this?