Esteemed Contributor

When you put an item in your cart......

If you add something to your 'cart' and it sells out before you check-out.......do you lose the item?

For example: If I put Valerie's garland in my cart, but wanted to wait until I saw the wreath later in the show that went with it before I checked out.............would I lose the garland if it sold out?

Honored Contributor

Re: When you put an item in your cart......

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

If you add something to your 'cart' and it sells out before you check-out.......do you lose the item?

For example: If I put Valerie's garland in my cart, but wanted to wait until I saw the wreath later in the show that went with it before I checked out.............would I lose the garland if it sold out?

My experience is that, yes, you'll lose out if it's not purchased before it sells out.  I don't know if this is for every product line but it has happened to me a few times over the years.

Honored Contributor

From my experiences, the only way the item is yours is if you use checkout, otherwise you lose the item if it sells out.

Trusted Contributor

Yes putting an item in your cart does not reserve it indefinitely.  I have lost items the same way over the years.

Honored Contributor

Yes.  I have also heard hosts saying that.  If just having it in your cart would reserve it for you then if it did sell out many would loose out when people then decided to not purchase the item.

Frequent Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

When you put an item in your cart, it is reserved for 1 hour.  If the items sells out and it is still within the hour, it is still on hold for you to purchase.  Once the hour is out, it goes out of your cart and available for anyone to buy....unless things have changed recently.

Honored Contributor

People here used to say that something in your cart would hold for only 10 minutes.

In reality, I've had things in my cart not available by the time I finished the checkout process when they were selling out on air.

I think there really is no hold until that submit button is hit, and even then, they often oversell and an order goes to backorder or waitlist, even though it wasn't in that status according to the presentation. I've never Experienced being able to still purchase something in my cart an hour after the 'sell out'. 

But....most things that sell out become available in a few hours to a few days later as people change their minds and cancel their orders. I often can get the product later, but it sometimes takes an effort to search for it multiple times a day, over the next several days or week. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maybe the moderator can clarify, but I believe the one hour hold in your QVC cart does not apply if the item sells out before you complete your purchase.  If the item sells out you simply won't be able to complete the purchase unless wiatlist is available.  Otherwise, the item will remain in your cart for one hour before shifting to the section below called "my saved items."    

Honored Contributor

You could try buying the item, then cancelling later.

Many times any random items I buy stay "in process" for days, giving me the ability to cancel, I'm assuming.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've never lost an item I had in my cart on QVC, but I have on all the other channels. 

I believe @sunshinestory has the correct information.  I've never heard a Q host say you should check out or lose your item, but HSN and Evine hosts say it constantly. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment