Respected Contributor

Re: When will QVC fill the Femme Fatalle void?

[ Edited ]

LR definitely had a gift for presenting items and I for one miss her presence on QVC.  For some reason I remember the things I bought "from" her as opposed to everything else I ever bought from QVC.  For instance, the sweater I am wearing today I remember buying from one of her presentations.  No other host on QVC today comes close to her in terms of ability to present items in a way that sells ME, and that's probably a very good thing for my credit card, LOL!  I don't understand the hatred that some people seem to have toward her, but to each their own.  Let's all live and let live and if you don't like a particular post, take a deep breath and let it go  . . . .

All that said, I think the OP is definitely getting their kicks stirring it up with his/her posts!

Honored Contributor

We all have our preferences.  I can honestly say that she never "sold" me a thing,  I never cared for her presentation style, so I rarely watched her.

Valued Contributor

Therapy and a medication consult is so needed.

Valued Contributor

Not to mention a femme fatale wouldn't be so insecure as to need to wear make up to pick up the mail. I recall her saying that once. It wasn't a joke. I was like, seriously, she probably looks better without that caked on ******.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A Femme Fatale is not....the best compliment.

I believe too many Harlequin Romances tend to put the emphasis

on the seductive-woman side of the definition, but in reality it’s

basically saying a femme fatale will hurt anyone in her wake. 

Might want to tap the brakes on this phrase....

EB7B4916-C872-43E0-971C-E37DBE70CC71.png

Respected Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote: A femme fatale is a haughty vamp of woman.  I never pictured Lisa as a femme fatale.  She was good at what she did.  If QVC wanted another Lisa Robertson they would have found one by now.  Obviously, they do not and have gone in opposite directions and it hasn't hurt them.

@qbetzforreal:  My thought also. If the OP meant it as a compliment...it is not!

Super Contributor

@JONNYSBRO

I always agree with you about Lisa(I'm probably the only one). She certainly was the best, a true Diva. Miss her and thst era of the Q also. Unfortunately, nothing stays the same, and not for the better.

Honored Contributor

@Barb114 wrote:

@JONNYSBRO

I always agree with you about Lisa(I'm probably the only one). She certainly was the best, a true Diva. Miss her and thst era of the Q also. Unfortunately, nothing stays the same, and not for the better.

I agree with you about Lisa being the best, @Barb114

I don't agree with the other poster that Shawn is "the new diva".  Shawn doesn't come close. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

U know all the various opinions. This show be a pro positibe post. I will say i miss the glamour, the trendyness, the buzz and all the gorgeous location shoots. I am just saying their is a missing void to QVC. Someone who gives us calgon take me away moments

"there" is a missing void not "their". 

If you are not LR herself, then you must be doing some serious hallucinating.  No one but you misses LR.  QVC is a shopping channel -- nothing else. 

I personally think JB does all this just to get her kicks from all the responses (myself included).  I personally think JB is that person the village is looking for . . . need I say more?

Valued Contributor

@StylishLady wrote:

Lisa R. was a kindred spirit fashion-wise even while selling jewelry as seen here. How time flies---4 years !

LisaR-leather.png

HORRIBLE outfit - leather pants, skirts, etc. SO outdated.