Honored Contributor

Re: When will I ever learn not to order from Q.

@Teddixat   I have a neighbor who might wish those were x-rays.  Between late deliveries and worse, poor products, she is likely not to renew her Prime membership.  

Honored Contributor

Did anyone else read the recent news stories about 400 FedEx packages found in a ravine in a wooded area on private property?

They tracked down the driver who admitted that for a couple of months, he had been discarding packages there, when he got tired of delivering them.

This happened in Alabama, if you want to google it.

Of course, the driver was fired, but there are 400 customers wondering where their FedEx packages are.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

Two of the last 3 items I have ordered from QVC have arrived a day or so later than I expected, but I don't mind because I know workers are stretched thin these days, and cannot quite keep up.  The only item I worried about was the Mrs. Prindables caramel apples that did not arrive on time.  I was afraid they would not be fresh and acceptable, but they were fine!  No problem at all with the items I received late.

Occasional Contributor

I agree. I  only have  the issue with QVC.  Not to mention them sending me used merchandise  when I paid full price.   I am finished. I watch to see items and then order them from another vendor.

Occasional Contributor

Quality is poorer and poorer. Prices are ridiculous for the quality. This is every brand any more. It seems like they are doing everything to increase profit margin at customer expense.  Bah-bye

Super Contributor

My order was received at the post office in my town on 11/28. On 11/29, there is a "your package may be delayed" message and nothing since. It is not an essential item and I know things are crazy right now but this is a bit ridiclous.

I am not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
Respected Contributor

I’ve seen Amazon delivering in my development and neighborhood with no photos taken. That must be done in select areas only. Imagine that would really slow them down especially in densely populated areas.
Esteemed Contributor

I would prefer that Amazon did not take a photo.  Last week they delivered someone else's package on my front porch and took the photo.  I brought it in the house and realized it wasn't ours.  So I was going to put it in our mailroom that afternoon (we live in a townhouse with 100 units).

Well the person who it belonged to came banging at my door flailing his phone in my face with the picture.  I said jeez, I was going to put it in the mailroom for you.   I was a bit put off by that.  BTW, I just recently saw on the news that porch pirate theft is up quite a bit this season.   

Honored Contributor

My take on this is that it's people not the companies.

People who don't care (like our UPS driver this week who apparently can't read numbers) don't put much thought into their jobs, and don't have any respect for people who are the foul ups.  

This is happening recently, not a huge problem before, so it says to me it's the work force.  Not the specific companies.  Big volumes, pickup labor, people who resent working--all the things you read about and see on tv.  

People who think maybe I'll get a job or maybe I'll just shoplift. . . 

Esteemed Contributor

I guess  I've been lucky I haven't had any complaints on anything ordered from anywhere.  But I wouldn't order anything needed for Christmas from any TV shopping channel.  Too risky.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth