Trusted Contributor

Re: When will I ever learn not to order from Q.

My QVC problems usually involve something not moved in or from the warehouse. Right now, something has been listed as shipped for four to five days, but only a label has been created. The package has not moved. Of course, their slow shipping methods are a given. I have become immune to that.

With other companies, shipping is the issue. For instance, I have a Chewy package missing about 50 miles from me. The replacement order was shipped from Kansas yesterday and is not expected until next Thursday or Friday ( if I am lucky).  

Fed- Ex lists all kinds of bogus reasons ( e.g., could not access the building) for late or non- delivery. BTW: I hope Fed-Ex cannot access the building.  Although I live in a rental community, I live in a townhouse.  

Where I live, USPS does the best deliveries, followed  by UPS.  Fed-Ex does not even make my list except for worst delivery system.

Honored Contributor

@chiclet 

You ARE blaming QVC for what the Post Office did.

Every carrier has issues.  Every vendor has issues this year.

Fed Ex let a food order sit at the local hub for over a week...every day it said out for delivery.

Amazon sent toddler Pj's instead of a pair of socks.  Amazon NEVER uses packing materials and so MANY items arrive broken.

UPS delivered a HUGE, 75# Massage chair to OUR porch instead of the neighbors.

Target never shipped 2 orders...

HSN sent me Faulty and defective merch.

It is everywhere...NOT just QVC.

@Sooner  is right...it is US, working people who don't care, have no pride in their work etc.

Honored Contributor

I will probably be bashed for this, but I have to wonder if it stems in part from the old everybody gets a trophy days when we taught kids that everyone is special and gets rewarded, there are no bests and competition doesn't mean anything.

I wonder if there are a lot of people out there who don't understand the need to be responsible, compete, be better at something than the person next to you to keep a job, or even that you need a job.  "Do what you love?"  Well, if that is stay home and sleep, we've got a problem here. 

I truly think it is that we don't incentivize people, and everyone expects that, to quote an OLD ditty "money for nothing and the chicks are free!"  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

No bash from me....I agree with every word.

I see it every day in the workers we hire.  We have to overpay them in the first place just to have a workforce.

Many are lazy, unreliable and do the bare minimum work to get through the day...WHEN and IF they even show up.

It's so sad and not the way I was raised or how I raised my kids.

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@Sooner 

No bash from me....I agree with every word.

I see it every day in the workers we hire.  We have to overpay them in the first place just to have a workforce.

Many are lazy, unreliable and do the bare minimum work to get through the day...WHEN and IF they even show up.

It's so sad and not the way I was raised or how I raised my kids.

@RespectLife Your name says it!  Respect for yourself and others and pride in accomplishments.  And the fact that people have more than you and less than you and there are real factors in determining that.  It doesn't mean you are worth less.

Honored Contributor

I've experienced slow shipping from Q and The North Face. Q is notorious for slow processing and shipping. BTW, most of their items are shipped parcel post, the slowest and lowest priority mail. If they're busy, it's the last to be sorted and delivered.

Many retailers like Q also rely on 3rd party, non-USPS, companies to move mail from place to place. They aren't going to do it if it's not profitable so some things are delivered as close as that 3rd party can get it.

Every other retailer I've used has been excellent.  Even this week, I received a package from Kohl's 4 days after I placed the order. Macy's, Amazon, and other retailers I like have been excellent.

Regular Contributor

I too wonder that. Ordered a mirror for my granddaughter in Nov. that was stuck in the post office and now I found they sent it to a  post office down south. I'll never get it and the Q doesn't have anymore. Really do they hire people that can read. Then I ordered today's special value and when I looked it up it is on advanced order. Nothing was said during the night it was advanced order. Honestly, bring the old hosts back that knew how to give info and not do all this goofing aroung. I am thoroughly disgusted after 30 yrs.

Honored Contributor

@Kindaglitzy wrote:
I’ve seen Amazon delivering in my development and neighborhood with no photos taken. That must be done in select areas only. Imagine that would really slow them down especially in densely populated areas.

Were those deliveries actually using Amazon's own delivery service? If so, somebody is not doing their job. 

I've never gotten one of their amazon service deliveries without a pic taken.  What I also like is that I, immediately, get the email so if I'm not at the front of my house I can find out about the delivery and get it inside.

One that was delivered to a neighbor, having the pic was very helpful because I thought I recognized it was my neighbor's porch - definitely NOT mine - and went over there to get it.  Plus, if they ever said it was delivered they can come see that the porch in the pic was not mine.

I also always do the little delivery survey for Amazon delivery service so I can show appreciation for the good deliveries and was able to also let them know that that one was delivered to the wrong address.

I have to say that of all the retailers from which I order, Amazon seems to have the best record and the fastest deliveries.  I do have Prime, so that may be part of it.  

They also showed outstanding customer service when I had to call that time they delivered a parcel that was nearly 50# and the person put it halfway down my driveway.  My driveway is about three cars long.  Well, I cannot lift that much so I had to push it to my house, roll it up the stairs, and up into my foyer. 

I was not pleased about that and called to see if there was any way to have 'delivery instructions' like you have with the other carriers.  The lady with whom I spoke was very nice and put on there that deliveries must go to my porch.  Since that time, they always bring them up to my porch so I appreciate that.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

My Qvc order was shipped 11/28 and still not received.  The post office answered that it was scanned in error when it said delivered to me but no idea of when or if it will come.  Since then I have gotten two packages from HSN, several from Amazon,  a showerhead from Moen, a couple of Ulta deliveries.  My husband ordered new fire alarms from Walmart and other stuff.  No problem with anything except QVC orders.  I would never order anything I had to have from Qvc.  

Super Contributor

it does happen with Amazon and it has happened to some of my orders.