Esteemed Contributor

When is a package considered lost ?

How many days after the ship date is a package considered lost if it hasn't moved?

I have one now that was shipped on 1/12 and hasn't moved. Only says on its way to a UPS facility.

Frequent Contributor

Re: When is a package considered lost ?

I have you beat....I have one that was shipped on the 7th.  There is no rhyme or reason to QVC shipping.  Other companies seem to get things here just fine.

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma These weren't from QVC but my daughter sent some pkges in early Dec and they just got there to different states!

Letters too, from Dec to now!

So who knows 🙄 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

Email qvcsocialteam@qvc.com give them the order number and date shipped and how long it's been sitting in one location. They will help you out. They are the best.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

From my experience, and not to be funny, it's at the time you contact the Social Team wondering where it's at.  Happened to me three times. 

As soon as the Social Team sends a replacement, the package isn't lost anymore because your "lost" order miraculously appears at your door in the next day or two.  Yep, it's the lost order, not the replacement.

Now, if you don't contact the Social Team, you won't get it in the next day or two.  It will eventually be delivered, but who knows when...whenever the shipper, usually USPS, feels like it. 

Some things can't be explained, so it's best not to ask questions.  

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma - I just had a package that I ordered 12/29; shipped on 12/31.

Got to Windsor, CT by 01/05 and there it seemed to stay.  Tracking just said "Your package may be delayed.  We are readjusting delivery plans."

By 01/16 there was still no sign of it, so CS gave me a refund.  And on 01/19, it was delivered by the post office!  (And, yes, I immediately notified QVC to recharge me for it).

There was a thing on the news that night about a post office processing center with packages piled sky high.  They said they had things that were supposed to have been delivered before Christmas and they're just having to make their way through things, but they will get everything delivered.

If your package was only shipped on the 12th, I wouldn't panic just yet.  (Oh and the tracking never got updated until after my package arrived.  I think they're simply still overwhelmed.)

Respected Contributor

@Foxxee You are correct. The very same thing happened to me. They sent me a replacement & the next day the first one showed up. I have returned it.

Honored Contributor

I had a package that shipped Dec. 14th and it was FINALLY delivered this afternoon!!!!  It only took 5 1/2 weeks....via pony express!

Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

I had a package that shipped Dec. 14th and it was FINALLY delivered this afternoon!!!!  It only took 5 1/2 weeks....via pony express!

Yea, I had one like that recently. Mine sat in Harrisburg Pa for 30 days . The Social Team  reimbursed me and low and behold it showed up here  . yes I was charged for the item . I did not want to pay for rtn shipping  so.....

Honored Contributor

Considering the pandemic, I give it a month these days. But normally I wait 2 weeks then start looking for it.