Esteemed Contributor

Re: When hosts talk about getting together with friends/family...

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

I am not Vaccinated and I don't wear a mask.   I had all Holidays with family.   If your Vaccinated it is time to get rid of the masks IMO.

You're lucky that you haven't had covid. Or maybe you're just a carrier. Or maybe you had such a mild case that it didn't take you down. You don't know unless you rely on science and get tested for antibodies.

It's people who ignore science and experts who have caused the pandemic to spread and continue to interrupt everyone's lives.  

Agree with you @CalminHeart .  She has a careless attitude about Covid.  

@San Antonio Gal   I lived my life as normal this past year.  I have traveled and spent Holidays with family while you people thought the sky was falling.  Now you can't get back that year.  Sorry, but no one that has been around me has gotten sick.  I am probably more healthy then most on these boards.  

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

I am not Vaccinated and I don't wear a mask.   I had all Holidays with family.   If your Vaccinated it is time to get rid of the masks IMO.

You're lucky that you haven't had covid. Or maybe you're just a carrier. Or maybe you had such a mild case that it didn't take you down. You don't know unless you rely on science and get tested for antibodies.

Funny not one person I have been around has caught it in over a year.   

It's people who ignore science and experts who have caused the pandemic to spread and continue to interrupt everyone's lives.  

You seem to think that because you don't know anyone who has had the virus, it means that somehow it's all bogus. That seems to be your subtle message.

@suzyQ3  No I know there is a Virus.  I just haven't let it affect my life. 

Honored Contributor

@FishandSnail 

NICELY STATED!  I don't care if someone is vaccinated. I don't care if someone wears a mask.  I don't care if someone "social distances". And, I'm not going to judge anyone for not for not doing any of the above.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Contributor

David and Mary cannot talk about getting together with friends without mentioning small groups and to be careful. Personally I am sick of it because it is every single time. We are not children and this is supposed to be a shopping channel show, not a PSA from government. Good grief.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I'm not the vaccination police.  It's not my job or my business to find out who is or isn't vaccinated.  If someone I didn't know well asked me, I would tell them it wasn't their business. 

People have their reasons for not being vaccinated and it's not up to anyone else to judge them or shame them.

If you want the vaccine, get the vaccine. If you don't want the vaccine, don't get the vaccine. But stop shaming people either way. That is what is tiresome to me.    

I will continue calling out people who haven't received the vaccine. It's not all about an individual person or his/her choice. It's about morals and caring enough about others to do the right thing. 

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

Agree with you @CalminHeart .  She has a careless attitude about Covid.  

@San Antonio Gal   I lived my life as normal this past year.  I have traveled and spent Holidays with family while you people thought the sky was falling.  Now you can't get back that year.  Sorry, but no one that has been around me has gotten sick.  I am probably more healthy then most on these boards.  

You're lucky. I had it and I'm very healthy. I also lost 2 very good friends and an uncle, and had 2 siblings struggle through it. 

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I'm not the vaccination police.  It's not my job or my business to find out who is or isn't vaccinated.  If someone I didn't know well asked me, I would tell them it wasn't their business. 

People have their reasons for not being vaccinated and it's not up to anyone else to judge them or shame them.

If you want the vaccine, get the vaccine. If you don't want the vaccine, don't get the vaccine. But stop shaming people either way. That is what is tiresome to me.    

I will continue calling out people who haven't received the vaccine. It's not all about an individual person or his/her choice. It's about morals and caring enough about others to do the right thing. 

So does  "calling out " and shaming those who can't or choose not to get the vaccine the  moral thing to do?    So tired of people on their high horse telling others what to do and preaching their "morality".   SMH

Esteemed Contributor

It is an individual choice, Vaccination Patrol.

By the way, approximately 20-30 million people are likely vaccine hesitant; they are not anti-vaccination.  They are in favor of the vaccination and look forward to getting one.  Calling them names doesn't help.

Honored Contributor

It's really no one's business if you're vaccinated or not vaccinated.  Shaming people for getting the vaccine or not getting the vaccine is equally obnoxious.  I'm a little tired of it on these boards.

Esteemed Contributor

Bashing those not yet vaccinated is all they have left.