Honored Contributor

Re: When hosts talk about getting together with friends/family...

[ Edited ]

I agree!  I am sick & tired of it too!

Way too much  of the vitrue signaling going on 24/7.  Most of us know what to do.

A little side note... a few weeks ago I flew down to Florida from Pennsylvania to see my 94 year old mother.  I did not see her last year. 

In the airport (both ways) we kept hearing announcements about social distancing & mask wearing.  Yet once we lined up to board all social distancing went out the window! 

As a matter of fact the plane was packed! (profits over people) I figured that there were 17 people seated within 6' of me seated on the plane. Yes we all had to wear masks but thank goodness it's only a 2 1/2 hour flight.  I make sure that my immuse system is strong and was fine.

I'm glad that I went since my mother is now in the ICU and very sick .  I have a feeling that I will need to go again very soon.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 ....sorry to hear that you mom is ill.  The plane trip (although crowded) was well worth it.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs I agree and thank you!  I've been on the phone with doctors and nurses all day.  It's hard.

Respected Contributor

@haddon9 I'm very sorry to hear about your Mom being in ICU. I wish the best for her and I am glad that you were able to go and see her before she went into the hospital.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That's because they will get slammed otherwise.  I've seen it happen when hosts or vendors post photos. It's non-stop comments about masking, not social distancing, etc.     

And it's from both directions.  I saw a host post a photo of herself wearing a mask and the anti-maskers had plenty to say about the fact she was wearing a mask outside.  I guess they missed the part where she wasn't by herself or around people in her group.  

Trusted Contributor

So why is this a problem for you? I tell everyone I have been vaccinated and ask them if they are. If they so no, I ask why .  This is a serious and deadly virus and needs everyone onboard vaccinated to get rid of this virus.   Those who are choosing not to, please stay home as hermits so your disregard doesn't endanger others. No, I am not a liberal!  Only a responsible adult who not cares about herself, but others safety as well.

Honored Contributor

I'm not the vaccination police.  It's not my job or my business to find out who is or isn't vaccinated.  If someone I didn't know well asked me, I would tell them it wasn't their business. 

People have their reasons for not being vaccinated and it's not up to anyone else to judge them or shame them.

If you want the vaccine, get the vaccine. If you don't want the vaccine, don't get the vaccine. But stop shaming people either way. That is what is tiresome to me.    

Respected Contributor

Very well stated @Lipstickdiva .  My sentiments exactly!

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 Thank you!

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

I am not Vaccinated and I don't wear a mask.   I had all Holidays with family.   If your Vaccinated it is time to get rid of the masks IMO.

You're lucky that you haven't had covid. Or maybe you're just a carrier. Or maybe you had such a mild case that it didn't take you down. You don't know unless you rely on science and get tested for antibodies.

I will never get tested.  I haven't had any signs of being sick.  I am living normally.  I never even washed my hands anymore then I did before this.  My problem is that I think this has been blown way out of hand.   Masks are filled with germs and bacteria after worn for 1 hr.  It is very bad for your health to have your face covered all the time.  If any business tells me I have to wear one after July 1st.  I will not support that business again ever.  

I do no vaccinations.  No Flu, No Pneumonia, No shingles.  It is all a money making racket. IMO  No one will ever stick a long Q Tip up my nose.  LOL

It's people who ignore science and experts who have caused the pandemic to spread and continue to interrupt everyone's lives.