Frequent Contributor

Re: When hosts talk about getting together with friends/family...

@loriqvc wrote:

I'm not sure why anyone would have an issue with the hosts talking about what they are doing to stay safe and care for those around them. And because of the way QVC is run, I would say there's about a 100% chance they are being asked to do this to emphasize the safety precautions in place in the studios and for QVC employees; if the Q did not approve of this messaging, it would not be happening. Think of it in the same way you would all the comments about how many of an item have been sold; whether you feel you need or want to know the details or not, this is part of what QVC wants to share about the way it is doing business. It's not "virtue signaling"—it's what the hosts are being asked to convey to the viewing public.

You don't have to like it. You don't have to agree. And someday, hopefully someday very soon, things will change and we won't have to worry about these kinds of updates or topics on a daily basis. But for now, why complain about something that isn't causing any real problems? Why not just have some empathy and understanding for others and let them do what they need to do when it isn't having any actual negative impact? There are already plenty of problems and negative things to deal with in the world; no need to add more.

"Let them do what they need to do?"

They don't NEED to do anything.  That's the entire point.  We don't need to be told to get vaccinated or wear a mask.  People are capable of making those decisions.  Heck, I'd  argue that scolding from hosts or celebs has the opposite effect.  

Esteemed Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

I am not Vaccinated and I don't wear a mask.   I had all Holidays with family.   If your Vaccinated it is time to get rid of the masks IMO.

I only rely on medical research findings, preferably evidence-based.  I would never seek or want an opinion from someone who does not even know the difference between "your" and "you're," and who thinks that being careless is the same as strengthening one's immune system through vaccinations. I stand by the scientific conclusions that masks protect both myself and others, and I have many pets and young relatives that need to be safe.

Thanks for your spelling lesson.  BUT  I don't need it  Thanks.  You can do what you want that is your right, but so can I.  Have a great day!  By the way I do know the difference, but I am sometimes working on more then one laptop at a time with my work. That means sometimes I mis spell.  Please pass on things I post if it irritates you so much.  I am sure just because you know the difference that everything I say is wrong?  LOL

Super Contributor

@Sooner How can you NOT notice it?

Honored Contributor

We all need to just deal with it until it is safe again!  Ignoring Covid does not make it go away or still not be a real threat!  Not wanting to acknowledge it is like closing your eyes and putting your fingers in our ears and loudly humming like kids often do!!  

Honored Contributor

@FishandSnail wrote:

When hosts talk about getting together with friends or family, why do they ALWAYS qualify it by saying they were vaccinated and had masks on?

If they want to be with loved ones and don't want to wear a mask, great, more power to them.  

If they want to be with loved ones and aren't vaccinated, that's their business.

This virtue signaling is out of control.

It's actually not just that person's business.  Maybe some are comfortable risking being carriers or spreading covid to family and friends. Those on the receiving end won't thank anyone for it. This is the way it is right now. 

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

I am not Vaccinated and I don't wear a mask.   I had all Holidays with family.   If your Vaccinated it is time to get rid of the masks IMO.

You're lucky that you haven't had covid. Or maybe you're just a carrier. Or maybe you had such a mild case that it didn't take you down. You don't know unless you rely on science and get tested for antibodies.

It's people who ignore science and experts who have caused the pandemic to spread and continue to interrupt everyone's lives.  

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

You're lucky that you haven't had covid. Or maybe you're just a carrier. Or maybe you had such a mild case that it didn't take you down. You don't know unless you rely on science and get tested for antibodies.

It's people who ignore science and experts who have caused the pandemic to spread and continue to interrupt everyone's lives.  

Agree with you @CalminHeart .  She has a careless attitude about Covid.  

Honored Contributor

@desertrat8 wrote:

@Sooner How can you NOT notice it?

@desertrat8 Good question!  I guess you can't not notice that (as I posted): 

Every face on tv, every company, every ad now tells us how to live, how to give and how to conduct our lives and what to think.  

I notice and frankly I am sick of hearing it.  Go make a decent toaster and shut up--I would say to these companies.  If only. . . Woman Wink

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I completely agree.  I'm tired ofhaving this agenda constantly pushed upon all of us.  It has nothing to do with me being a selfish and inconsiderate person (i'm not).  I'm just being a logical person.

I follow science and there is a lot of BS that we have been told to follow by our politicians this past year which has scared an awful lot of people.  Reading posts on these boards is proof enough.  While I'm vaccinated being vaccinated did not make me feel any different or any more protected in a way.  Actually it has made me more annoyed especially when I have to wear a mask to enter my local garden center (which is outdoors).  

Honored Contributor

So it's "political" or an "agenda" when people in the limelight remind us to stay safe and think of others??? But somehow, people who go bonkers over this have no "political" or "agenda" themselves?????

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland