Frequent Visitor

When did you start shopping on QVC?

Curious to know everyone's QVC stories! When did you first get hooked?!

I started watching about 5 years ago, when I had insomnia and started watching TV at night. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: When did you start shopping on QVC?

1994......My mom got me hooked.  I bought almost everything on the Q.  Now, not so much.

Honored Contributor

I watched SO long ago that Kathy Levine was there.  They allowed her to keep a glass of water under the Queen Anne desk she was sitting under.  Those were the day of La Mirodore and you had to order only when the item was shown!  They also at some point during the years had a "spin the board game"!  

I had sleeping babies!

Who remembersany of that?

Honored Contributor

It was around 1995.  Found it flipping channels.

Esteemed Contributor

Since it's beginning & CVN days

Esteemed Contributor

Since the 1980s when they were called CVN.  Things have certainly changed since those early days.

Esteemed Contributor

About three years ago. I had lost a great deal of weight and I thought I'd find some cheaper clothes to buy as I continued to lose weight. I had no idea how much I'd grow to like clothes from QVC! I don't think of them as "cheap" clothes at all! ....I've been very pleased with the quality of clothes I've purchased. I've gradually expanded my skipping from Q to include many other types of products. 

Trusted Contributor

I started watching way back in 1997.  I just happended to be channel surfing and when I landed on the QVC channel they were showing a close up of a beautiful garnet ring.  I didn't order that ring but I watched the rest of the show and I got hooked!  The Q really did have Quality and Value back then, and of course the Convenience of it all.

I really enjoyed the hosts then, too.  Not many still left, just Rick D., Jane Treacy, Mary Beth Roe, Pat Dementri, and David Venable.  The Q also used to carry unique items that I couldn't find anywhere else where I lived.

Back then, it was such a unique way of shopping - so much better than ordering from catalogs and so much easier than driving to the mall.  Just sit on the sofa with the phone next to you!

Regular Contributor

I started watching in 1986 while I was up at night with my 2nd child. I have been a customer since and could have probably bought a new house with the money I have spent on CVN/QVC.

But it has been worth it....they helped me with my holiday shopping, kept me company through having babies and now with chronic illness and I have to say for the most part I have really enjoyed the time I've spent buying and watching over the last 30 yrs.

Valued Contributor

I started watching in Fall 2006.  I was looking for a new purse, and QVC carried Maxx New York at the time.  I was apprehensive about buying from a shopping channel for a while.  I made my first purchase in February 2007 during "Diamonique Week" - a ring for $30.  Wish they still had such good deals today!

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."