Contributor

Re: When did you start shopping on QVC?

I was one of the early ones, 1986!  I remember many of the original hosts, Patty, Jeff, Bob, Kathy, Molly, Judy, etc..  They used to have prize drawings of your qvc account # way back then. 

Honored Contributor

Not until 1990 and then stopped for a long time.  Started back in 2000 and have not bought anything from them now since March of 2012.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Late 80's. My elderly father introduced me to QVC. He later regretted it. Ha!

But I think my husband has regretted the introduction even more then my dad.   

Occasional Contributor

Since CVN days.  Not so much anymore.  To pricey, quality not as good.  Same shows way way to long.  How long does it take to show hair product, make up, Dooney & Burke, on and on.  To each there own I guess.  But has sure saved me the money from way back when, LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I started watching back in 2010.  I like to read at night, and I enjoy having the TV on as background noise. I choose QVC, because it seemed boring, and also something that would not distract me from whatever I happened to be reading at the time.  I would never in a million years be one of those people that actually made purchases from the TV. Well it took several months, but I guess after reading and listening for awhile the subliminal messages finally worked.  I made my first purchase, and the rest is history.

Super Contributor

I've been familiar with QVC since the early 90s because my mom had started watching and buying way back then.

I bought my first item from QVC in 2008 or 2009.

Valued Contributor

@loveour4leggedfriends wrote:

I started watching from the very beginning.  A woman in work had a pair of diamond studs which were gorgeous.   When I complimented her, she said they were Diamonique!  Well I was hooked right then and there.  I could not wait to see Joan Rivers as I was so into Chanel and the collections she had years ago were so high end and looked exactly like Chanel.  Oh, and her enameling and the victorian necklaces that  was on A-D.  I have a ton of her stuff from the early days, and it is incredible.  I used to love the variety (remember Phyllis George with all the country pottery, etc.), The cashmere line they had (forgot the name but it was the best cashmere I had ever bought - only one that never pilled on me).   There were so many different jewelry vendors and clothing vendors, etc.  I used to play hookey (did not have a VCR in those days, and would never miss a JR show.  I miss all the great variety.  I still love the Q but it is not the same as it was.

Yes!  I remember Phyllis George, she promoted items made in America!  It is definitely not the same as it was, it is too hard sell, too repetitious, and not the value that it used to be.  Items are getting more and more expensive.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Super Contributor

1989. I was going through a heartbreaking divorce after discovering my ex was cheating on me. I couldn't sleep and stumbled upon QVC as I was going through the channels. It was the Kathy Levine and "Jeffrey" days. It was also the days of cheap, beautiful gold and quality products. It kept me company as I transitioned to a new life. I also think it became kind of an addiction...but they broke that addiction once the quality became ify, the items sold were no longer unique or good deals. So now I have TWO exes I have fond memories of. 😄

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren