Honored Contributor

Re: When are you going to put your Christmas tree up this year?

I don't have a Christmas tree and don't decorate.  It's a long story but I would love to to skip December altogether.  I find Christmas depressing.  

Valued Contributor

Mine went up a week ago but taking my time to decorate.  It's on a rotating stand so must decorate entire tree.  I have collected ornaments from around the country and Europe for years so it's a big job.  I couldn't wait to get mine up this year ...  just makes me happy !!  It's all that you make it !!  If it's going to be it's up to me ...

Respected Contributor

Actually, I'm still enjoying my Halloween decorations! (They coordinate well with the golden leaves outside.)

Occasional Contributor

The tree itself never comes down (I rotate decorations for every holiday throughout the year), but I hope to get all the Christmas ornaments up early this year, def before Thanksgiving. My mother is 90 and loves to see the tree all lit up and she's already been asking how soon I can get it done. So, whatever the 90 yr old wants, she gets. Smiley Happy And it does make me happy, too.

Valued Contributor

Not going to put one up. I think I'm done with putting Xmas stuff up. It's just me and while for years that was fine, I loved it and did it for me, I now think it's all just too much work. And with the pandemic, no one but me is even going to see it. I might put up some sort of lights, because that is what I love the most

Honored Contributor

We get 2 real trees and put them up on my birthday weekend mid December. We will leave them up until after January 6, 2021  - Epiphany.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

We only have fresh trees in our house. We have a small one in the DR or TV room and another that we cut in the LR. Not a fan s fake Christmas trees. 

Respected Contributor

It's up!  The main tree is white, and decorated with blue and silver ornaments.  Also bought a small potted tree for the playroom.  

Respected Contributor

The way this year has been for me, I'm in the mood not to put one up at all. It's been nothing but illness, pain, bad health, and a lot of worry. I might put up a tree if my son's family--especially my 5-year-old grandaughter--would be visiting but we're in a hotbed of covid 19 so they won't.

And I'm guessing I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Frequent Contributor

Trees up and house is decorated. I'm gonna be happy dispite everything!