Honored Contributor

Re: When are you going to put your Christmas tree up this year?

Y'all take DOWN your Christmas trees??

Contributor

We aren't putting one up this year, my brother passed away in February, my husband had his 8th heart attack in June and our dog passed away 2 months ago, just not into celebrating this year.

Honored Contributor

I normally put mine up either the Friday or Saturday after Thanksgiving since I have 4 days off. 

This year I felt like I wanted that holiday joy before that because of how crummy this year has been.  I was going to decorate this weekend.  Despite the fact that it has been rough but I still feel like I have a lot to be grateful and thankful for.

However, our weather here in Ohio is unseasonably warm.  It's supposed to be in the mid to upper 60's the rest of this week and the low 70's over the weekend.  That isn't holiday weather so that pretty much took care of that.  LOL

Respected Contributor

I usually put it up around the second week of December.

Esteemed Contributor

Although I wish it could be earlier this year, my family is stuck on tradition, so we will put it up the day after Thanksgiving.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

No change from the past. The main tree will go up the day before or the day after Thanksgiving and stay up until mid-January unless heaven forbid Covid gets worse- then it will stay up until Valentine's Day.

This year there are no plans for choir or live instrumental music at my church. I told my kids to visit with their in-laws this year. Things will be unusually low-key for me.

Honored Contributor

Haven't put up a tree in years.  

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mine has been up for at least 3 or 4 years.  It is in the sunroom in the corner.  Sometimes I forget it is there!  I just don't have the strength to lug it to and from the garage, assemble and disassemble, decorate and undecorate. There is no one who cares to do it for me either.  The rest of the inside decorations go up when I am in the mood and outside lights, wreath, and garden flag ususally go up after Thanksgiving if weather permits.

Respected Contributor

I have 2 small trees that I bring out every year. Never undecorate, just cover and put back in the closet. I'll bring them out in a couple weeks. I enjoy looking at the lighted tree.

Trusted Contributor

We decorate the house the day after Thanksgiving for Xmas and we usually get our tree the next week.