Honored Contributor

Re: When are you going to put your Christmas tree up this year?

@queendiva wrote:

No change from the past. The main tree will go up the day before or the day after Thanksgiving and stay up until mid-January unless heaven forbid Covid gets worse- then it will stay up until Valentine's Day.

This year there are no plans for choir or live instrumental music at my church. I told my kids to visit with their in-laws this year. Things will be unusually low-key for me.

Of everything I'll miss this Christmas, missing the music is the loss I feel most painfully. We played our last "Christmas in October" at a residence for people with Alzheimer's a week ago tonight, and received lovely compliments and lots of applause.

Choir is being replaced by a quartet, no instrumental additions. TubaChristmases being cancelled all over the country, but maybe a possibility for ONE local one. Hoping.

Trusted Contributor

I have been putting away Fall decorations today--except for one small table with lights, 2 pilgrims, and a few pumpkins. (My Fall decorations have been out since the first week in August.)

I brought down two containers of Christmas decorations this evening. I am hoping by Monday or Tuesday to have the downstairs ready for Christmas. A few weeks ago, I did something unusual for me--I put up a festive holiday shower curtain, added a red flameless candle, put down a red bath mat, and put red towels out. (My bathroom before this always has been in teal and cream. ) That change lightened my mood, so I decided to continue decorating. Even gifts going to out-of-the-area friends and family have been sent (although one package manged to get lost) and now is being traced by USPS.  

Trusted Contributor

Don't own one and don't plan on ever buying one.  Just creates clutter and storage problems.  Haven't owned one for 20 years and haven't ever regretted this.  I have several fabulous  and I do mean fabulous wreaths and that's the extent of my Christmas decorating.  

Respected Contributor

I am loving all the posters who have unashamedly begun to decorate for Christmas. 

Thru a series of events, I've inherited my daughters beautiful green Christmas tree (she decided she was going with a white tree) and because I didn't have the energy to lug the new tree up to the attic, it is now sitting majectically in my den, lights all aglow and, even without decorations, has lighted my spirits. 

I won't change my outside decorations from fall to Christmas until  Thanksgiving, but hopefully, all my inside decorations will be complete. 

I love Christmas and even though my husband can't help at all with decorations, he wants them up.  I don't want to give them up until I absolutely cannot manage on my own. 

Respected Contributor

Mine went up today. Got a new tree and had to unbox and test it, so figured may as well leave it up. No ornaments on it yet, just lights which Is almost my favorite look anyway.😊

Super Contributor

xmastreemulti.jpg

It's up and so are lights in windows. we have been inundated with health problems and  because our mobility is limited we haven't been able to decorate outside in years.but this year we needed to do something. so we decorated the inside of windows to show from outside. they look great.  the joy these decorations have brought us is immeasureable. i need a little christmas. 

Trusted Contributor

We usually put ours up the day after Thanksgiving.  We have also put ours up the weekend before Thanksgiving.  It just depends on our mood.

This year is unlike any other and I honestly could go all out and do it now.  However, I have two puppies running around in my house this year and I'm a little scared about what's going to happen when they realize they have a new "toy" to play with.  Smiley LOL

Either way, I'm sure it will go up soon.

Regular Contributor

Our 14 year old son asked to put up the Christmas tree the day after Halloween.  With the way this year is going I said why the heck not.  However our not so little 5 month old lab puppy, LeddyLou, has decided she is in love with the lights and ribbon so as of yesterday it is just a sad looking bare tree, LOL.  Oh well, we wouldn't trade her for anything. 

Valued Contributor

I have small tree now & more " sit around things" Am planning on putting out earlier.I enjoy the lights on at night.
As to what I will be celebrating : the true meaning of Christmas & the fact I'm on this earth.
Wish everyone peace.
Honored Contributor

Day after Thanksgiving unless I get an itch to do it sooner.