Respected Contributor

Re: When are you going to put your Christmas tree up this year?

@tarytoo wrote:

xmastreemulti.jpg

It's up and so are lights in windows. we have been inundated with health problems and  because our mobility is limited we haven't been able to decorate outside in years.but this year we needed to do something. so we decorated the inside of windows to show from outside. they look great.  the joy these decorations have brought us is immeasureable. i need a little christmas. 

So pretty! The multi colored lights are my favorites.   I'm sitting in my living room with the tree lights on.  To me, it's just so cheerful, festive and peaceful.   Enjoy your decorations!

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I normally put mine up either the Friday or Saturday after Thanksgiving since I have 4 days off. 

This year I felt like I wanted that holiday joy before that because of how crummy this year has been.  I was going to decorate this weekend.  Despite the fact that it has been rough but I still feel like I have a lot to be grateful and thankful for.

However, our weather here in Ohio is unseasonably warm.  It's supposed to be in the mid to upper 60's the rest of this week and the low 70's over the weekend.  That isn't holiday weather so that pretty much took care of that.  LOL

I had to laugh when I read your comment. Southern California here and next week we are supposed to be in the 60's, and I was thinking, Yes!! Finally a cool down.

Contributor

My main Christmas tree is up, and I'll start decorating it when my Simply Stunning 24-Piece Designer Trim Set arrives from QVC. I was going to just put up my Pop-up Christmas tree this year, but my Mom is spending Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with me due to Covid. She's 93 and I want to make this Christmas special for her because she's been staying in her house to keep herself healthy and safe. I will put up my other four trees as well, but they are are all five feet and four feet respectively, so not too much work. She and I will be celebrating Christmas alone and apart from the rest of the family because they are out and about and could expose her to something. This will be a different and somewhat sad (ish) Christmas, but I'm determined to make the best of it! 

Esteemed Contributor

I will be putting my Christmas tree up the day after Thanksgiving. I take it down on New Years day. I don't know if it's everything that has been going on this year but I have been pining to put it up. I feel like a little kid. I can't wait. 

Valued Contributor

Ours is up!  Now let me explain.  We are in a sm. apt. and had a 7' tree, I wanted to downsize and Hobbly Lobby had a beautiful 5' lite tree for 70$.  Of course, I had to take it out to see if all worked.  It was so nice, short but fat, and I didn't want to squish it back in box so it isn't decprated but it is lovely.

Respected Contributor

I usually put up my tree the first weekend of December. This year, I'm going to buy a small fiberoptic tree I can put in my living room window. I live by myself so I don't need a fancier tree with lots of ornaments and lights, but it will still be festive. 

Honored Contributor

I usually do mine early (too much work to do for just a couple of weeks so I want to enjoy it)  I decorated my condo yesterday and did everything except the Christmas tree which I will do this evening..🎄.... I do a little outside decorating but wont do that until the week of Thanksgiving.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Around 12/14.  We usually have a real tree.  Too early it gets too dry. We have a fake I've put up a few years but it doesn't seem the same.

I kind of don't want to bother this year. We will be here alone without our usual houseful of family on Christmas Eve.😒

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Contributor

After Thanksgiving....and I am going to give thanks that my family came though the virus healthy and strong.  [we were all sick with it]. Take care!Woman Happy

Contributor

@MarthaStewardess wrote:

@tarytoo wrote:

xmastreemulti.jpg

It's up and so are lights in windows. we have been inundated with health problems and  because our mobility is limited we haven't been able to decorate outside in years.but this year we needed to do something. so we decorated the inside of windows to show from outside. they look great.  the joy these decorations have brought us is immeasureable. i need a little christmas. 

So pretty! The multi colored lights are my favorites.   I'm sitting in my living room with the tree lights on.  To me, it's just so cheerful, festive and peaceful.   Enjoy your decorations!

Very beautiful! Enjoy and take care!