Occasional Contributor

When Vendors Say "I give these as gifts"....lol

Just saw the Lenox rep talking about how she gives Lenox ornaments to the bus driver, teachers, etc.

Really?  You give items I'm sure you either pay little or nothing for.  Wow.  

Many of the QVC hosts also say "I own this".  Yep...with that employee discount I bet you do.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: When Vendors Say "I give these as gifts"....lol

Who cares what someone else paid for something?

How nice for the person on the receiving end of that gift!!!  😊

Esteemed Contributor

I've often wondered if the hosts believe anyone buys an item because they own it.  

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I've heard this many times.  Very nice that they can afford to give these expensive items (D&B handbags, Barefoot Dreams blankets, etc).  And, I'm sure some can well afford to;  most of us can't.  I would prefer they keep the comments real.

Honored Contributor

When hosts are always saying they own this or several of this It makes me wonder if they dont get "gifts" from the vendor?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Valued Contributor

@Zhills- I do believe that some people buy things just because the host says they own it!  

Honored Contributor

@dusty_house wrote:

Just saw the Lenox rep talking about how she gives Lenox ornaments to the bus driver, teachers, etc.

Many of the QVC hosts also say "I own this".  Yep...with that employee discount I bet you do.

What's wrong with giving a nice item as a gift that you either got free or at a discount?  Do you have to pay big bucks for it to be a suitable gift?  @dusty_house  Did you ever buy something on sale that you gave as a gift?  If so, what's the difference?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I dislike when a host says they are giving us something. They're not giving us anything, we're purchasing it.

Super Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@dusty_house wrote:

What's wrong with giving a nice item as a gift that you either got free or at a discount?  Do you have to pay big bucks for it to be a suitable gift?  @dusty_house  Did you ever buy something on sale that you gave as a gift?  If so, what's the difference?

I think what @dusty_house means that it might be easier to gift many people if you are paying little or nothing for an item . I don’t think she was denigrating the gift, but that many people don’t have it in their budget to buy gifts for that many people.

Honored Contributor

I think there are many customers who take what the host says about a product very seriously. They all have their fans so it doesn't surprise when they play that card, but it is annoying.