Contributor

Re: When David is off and Mary hosts

THE Lady at the end of the ITKWD show has been on quite often now .Does anyone else feel that maybe they are breaking her in eventually for the show as they did with Mary when she worked behind the scenes? She seems very nice and pleasant.

Honored Contributor

I think we might be surprised at the number of men that like to cook these days or do cook out of necessity.  DH rarely watches QVC.  He does, however, watch David and really likes it when he is on.  He  thinks David is so personable and a great guy.  These food channels with men on TV are quite popular now.  QVC is smart to have a man and especially one as talented and cheerful as David.  He is a guy who can lift your spirits.  

Valued Contributor

wrote:

Super Bowl party was my first guess too.

You are exactly right @fthunt!  David showed pics on Instagram  of "Superbowl Food" from a party he was at yesterday.

Esteemed Contributor

David is off with well deserved time.

His audience misses his so much they call in and complain when he is not on.

Valued Contributor

i read that david is only worth one million not much for the pay hes getting

Esteemed Contributor

When I watch QVC...not that often anymore...I enjoy both Mary and David.  But, I really think their shows are just too long!!!   Three/four hours of any host is much more than I want to watch....so I don't!!!

Trusted Contributor

I agree.  Those of us who watched David's show on Wednesday knew he was going to be off on Sunday. It's enough to state it a couple times, but it did get old hearing it so much.  I do like Mary as a host on ITKWM but there is way too much hugging on her show.  If a presenter is on multiple times, she hugs them each and every time.  Once is enough!!  

Respected Contributor

wrote:

"Only" worth a million !?!

considering the majority of Americans have nothing saved up, I'd say he's doing pretty well for himself.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I agree.  Those of us who watched David's show on Wednesday knew he was going to be off on Sunday. It's enough to state it a couple times, but it did get old hearing it so much.  I do like Mary as a host on ITKWM but there is way too much hugging on her show.  If a presenter is on multiple times, she hugs them each and every time.  Once is enough!!  

I think the hugging and kissing of the vendors/guests is so awkward.  I wish they would just say hello and introduce the person.  

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

"Only" worth a million !?!

considering the majority of Americans have nothing saved up, I'd say he's doing pretty well for himself.

Yes.  And we also have no idea how much money he makes or what he's actually worth overall.  All kinds of misinformation is all over the internet.  I would take anything anyone read on the subject with a huge grain of salt.

I assume he earns a decent salary because clearly he's valued by QVC.  But it's not the kind of thing I think about.  It's unlikely we'll ever know which sources are accurate and which are not, and it's really none of our business.