Esteemed Contributor

Re: What were they thinking? - Face Masks

@Spurt wrote:

@StopTalking 

The way David Venable & Ali Carr yukked it up this was supposed to be some SPECIAL SPECTCULAR DAVID'S DOWN HOME CHRISTMAS and the official start to QVC's shopping season....Why the QVC props Department even built that HUGE Switch for David to turn on a special tree light display------

FROM DAVID'S FACEBOOK PAGE--

Hey, Down-Homers! It's time for *4* hours of David's Down-Home Christmas and our Great Big Holiday Kickoff!🎄 Join me now for a ✨special tree lighting✨ here at the Q as we kick off the holiday season and shop great gifts for everyone on your list, like today's best deal from The Comfy!🎁

So despite "the need" that may be out there....as others have pointed out masks have been presented for a long time now on QVC so to present this supposedly SPECIAL HYPED CHRISTMAS SHOW with more of the same ole, same ole was a bit humorous....And the other products were mostly MORE OF THE SAME too....I mean COME ON QVC 🙄

@Spurt   I think starting the show with them was a bad idea also.  Maybe if they showed them later in the show it might not have rubbed people the wrong way.

Trusted Contributor

When I want to escape I:

read a book

watch a movie 

watch beauty videos or something cute (kittens) on YouTube

play board games with my family

take a bubble bath

take a nap

cook dinner with my family

bake (and then eat, lol)

When I want to buy something, I turn on a shopping channel or go to stores' web site.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Respected Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

Wearing a mask outside is insane.  Your body needs to breathe fresh air and unless you are around a group of people , it is stupid to wear one outside.  These people driving in their cars alone with masks look like morons.  

Well since I don't consider either my husband or myself to be insane or stupid I find your comments to be uncalled for. 

There are many people around the marina since many of them live on their boats and there are also many workman maintaining the area.   Not that it's necessary to explain myself but we do remove our masks when we sit down.  So getting fresh air isn't a big problem with us.  

As far as people driving around in their cars with their masks on I don't pass judgment since I don't know the circumstances. Maybe they leave them on because they are going into several stores in close proximity to each other.

I fail to see how wearing masks has become such a contentious subject.  Is my wearing a mask such a problem to others?   I would think that my choosing not to wear one would be a larger problem.

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Do masks guarantee 100% that one won't get the virus?

No, they don't.

I never heard anyone make that claim.

Just like wearing a seatbelt doesn't guarantee that one won't die in an auto accident.

But, wearing a mask is better than not wearing anything at all.

So, unless people want the infection rate and death rate to skyrocket, they should quit their belly-aching about how "ineffective" masks are.

Because if they truly believe that masks don't work at all, then they should put their health, and the health of their loved ones, where their mouth is.

They should stand up, and fight for their belief, otherwise, they are just hypocrites.

Maybe they like having this virus around, and want to keep it around for as long as possible, just so they can have one more thing to complain about, so that's why they love to spout the "masks don't work" mantra.

Who knows?

Are they fun to wear, comfortable ?

No, but it's better than nothing, so I would like to know just how these people plan on reducing the number of infections (which just now passed 8 MILLION) if masks are not one part of the equation.

We all can't stay home. Some of us still have jobs to go to, obligations to meet that require us to leave our home.

Are these people also against hand washing too?

After all, that is not a 100% guarantee to prevent one from getting sick either.

So, until they can come up with a better way to slow/stop the transmission of this virus, I will continue to wear my mask, no matter how uncomfortable it may be, even if it doesn't guarantee me 100% that I won't get sick.

Because the last time that I checked, whatever percent protection that the mask does give me, is a hell of a lot better than zero percent "protection" of not wearing a mask.

@Anonymous032819 , I wish I could give this 1000 ♥️'s !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@Kitlynn wrote:

Every company is jumping on the band wagon and selling "designer mask". They are not going to pass up an opportunity to make money. I have been getting catalogs from all different companies and all of them have mask featured. I think it is ridiculous and they aren't cheap either.

I agree, and why would I spend such crazy high prices when I can get decent masks--and there are many in dif. colors & styles--at my local Wal-mart.

Esteemed Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@Kitlynn wrote:

Every company is jumping on the band wagon and selling "designer mask". They are not going to pass up an opportunity to make money. I have been getting catalogs from all different companies and all of them have mask featured. I think it is ridiculous and they aren't cheap either.

I agree, and why would I spend such crazy high prices when I can get decent masks--and there are many in dif. colors & styles--at my local Wal-mart.

Because people have the freedom to spend their money as they see fit.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kitlynn wrote:

@Kitlynn 

This so true now even Tara from Temptations is selling masks in Old World, Floral Lace and Whimsical Prints ...really???.

I agree but why not it's a big money maker but I would prefer she take note of the quality and problems with her brand vs. hawking face masks🙄.

For me, I'll not falling for the latest "a mask for every outfit"😳

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Do masks guarantee 100% that one won't get the virus?

No, they don't.

I never heard anyone make that claim.

Just like wearing a seatbelt doesn't guarantee that one won't die in an auto accident.

But, wearing a mask is better than not wearing anything at all.

So, unless people want the infection rate and death rate to skyrocket, they should quit their belly-aching about how "ineffective" masks are.

Because if they truly believe that masks don't work at all, then they should put their health, and the health of their loved ones, where their mouth is.

They should stand up, and fight for their belief, otherwise, they are just hypocrites.

Maybe they like having this virus around, and want to keep it around for as long as possible, just so they can have one more thing to complain about, so that's why they love to spout the "masks don't work" mantra.

Who knows?

Are they fun to wear, comfortable ?

No, but it's better than nothing, so I would like to know just how these people plan on reducing the number of infections (which just now passed 8 MILLION) if masks are not one part of the equation.

We all can't stay home. Some of us still have jobs to go to, obligations to meet that require us to leave our home.

Are these people also against hand washing too?

After all, that is not a 100% guarantee to prevent one from getting sick either.

So, until they can come up with a better way to slow/stop the transmission of this virus, I will continue to wear my mask, no matter how uncomfortable it may be, even if it doesn't guarantee me 100% that I won't get sick.

Because the last time that I checked, whatever percent protection that the mask does give me, is a hell of a lot better than zero percent "protection" of not wearing a mask.

@Anonymous032819 , I wish I could give this 1000 ♥️'s !

@QVCkitty1    - This was a great post!  Very well said @Anonymous032819 .  1000 hearts here too.

Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

Wearing a mask outside is insane.  Your body needs to breathe fresh air and unless you are around a group of people , it is stupid to wear one outside.  These people driving in their cars alone with masks look like morons.  

Well since I don't consider either my husband or myself to be insane or stupid I find your comments to be uncalled for. 

There are many people around the marina since many of them live on their boats and there are also many workman maintaining the area.   Not that it's necessary to explain myself but we do remove our masks when we sit down.  So getting fresh air isn't a big problem with us.  

As far as people driving around in their cars with their masks on I don't pass judgment since I don't know the circumstances. Maybe they leave them on because they are going into several stores in close proximity to each other.

I fail to see how wearing masks has become such a contentious subject.  Is my wearing a mask such a problem to others?   I would think that my choosing not to wear one would be a larger problem.

@J Town Girl  - I agree that post was uncalled for.  I hearted your post.  I agree with you 100%.

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@J Town Girl wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@J Town Girl  - I agree that post was uncalled for.  I hearted your post.  I agree with you 100%.

Thank you.  Your kind reply is much appreciated.