Honored Contributor

Re: What were they thinking? - Face Masks

While I was still working my hospital made the flu shot mandatory. If you refused you had two choices, wear a mask all of the time, or look for employment elsewhere. This was years before the pandemic, don't kid yourself or make it a political issue. Masks work ! 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I'm sorry, but I have to turn his show off. I don't enjoy cooking, so that ends the Sunday shows. And the Down Home With David isn't my idea of an interesting show - especially with masks. Just no. 

Esteemed Contributor

I bought another two sets of ( particularly cute animal face) masks for my grands as Christmas stocking stuffers.  They like masks ( makes them feel grown up); at least for now.  Masks will be with us for at least another 6-12 months.

Super Contributor

Visit Old Navy for masks. Reasonably priced.

Honored Contributor

@Didiville wrote:

Visit Old Navy for masks. Reasonably priced.

That's IF you are willing to take the risk going to a store where other ppl have touched and coughed and sneezed etc.

Some people prefer to order online.  They prefer to shop in a way they feel safe.  That is what QVC is banking on.

At least they are not price gouging like I saw on Amazon & ebay when this all started.

$18 for a gallon of bleach?

Trusted Contributor

some people may want to escape the gravity of the present situation, but others would rather face it and try to keep safe and healthy. qvc is in the selling business and selling masks is something many people who care to be cautious and mindful of keeping themselves and others safe, will purchase. 

Honored Contributor

I saw the beginning of this program and when David began selling masks I changed the channel.  Some people might be buying them as gifts, but I don't think fabric masks are good enough protection, but since they are sanctioned, QVC wants to make money on them, too.  Can't blame them for that.   

I only wear N95 masks and they don't offer 100% protection either way, for me or other people.  I keep hearing wearing them is to keep from giving the virus to others.  Why would I wear a mask if I'm not protected too?  Too many not wearing masks and unless forced, they will not wear them.  Saying everyone should wear masks doesn't make it so.  

Viruses are smaller than bacteria and can get in and out.  So small, they can only be seen using special microscopes.  Fabric masks offer some protection, but not enough.  N95 masks offer good protection, but are difficult to get and expensive.  

Respected Contributor

Every company is jumping on the band wagon and selling "designer mask". They are not going to pass up an opportunity to make money. I have been getting catalogs from all different companies and all of them have mask featured. I think it is ridiculous and they aren't cheap either.

Honored Contributor

@StopTalking    I get your point.  This was supposed to be a cheery, uplifting Christmas show to initiate the season.  Face masks are a downer for sure and hardly a premier gift item.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@Lali1 not all of us have suffered the long shipping delays

if I were down to my last few masks and liked what QVC offered, I’d feel quite safe ordering.

my most recent order had been promised by tomorrow  - today will be its third day already in use here

Only once in the last 12 months did a QVC package arrive after its promised delivery date. And even that was just by a day because of storm conditions!

Then you must've had expedited shipping and not that horrible UPS Mail Innovations. Wish Q would get rid of it as it's slower than Pony Express!