Honored Contributor

Re: What were they thinking? - Face Masks

@Lali1 not all of us have suffered the long shipping delays

if I were down to my last few masks and liked what QVC offered, I’d feel quite safe ordering.

my most recent order had been promised by tomorrow  - today will be its third day already in use here

Only once in the last 12 months did a QVC package arrive after its promised delivery date. And even that was just by a day because of storm conditions!

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

I don't see face masks as a "fashion" statement.  They are a medical necessity, nothing more, nothing less.  And I question how effective some of these masks are.

I feel the same way. I think they help somewhat but one can still get infected wearing a mask.  I hope people realize this.

I don't like wearing them at all!  I don't see them as any "fashion statement" and I can't wait to take mine off when I can!!  They are not pleasant and I find them uncomfortable.

The masks I wear are the plain paper disposable ones that I can get at Costco for a box of 50 for $12.00. 

I wear them only when I must and can't wait until the day arrives when we won't have to wear them again!

Honored Contributor

My guess is that masks will be a very popular Christmas gift this year.  Sadly, I feel we're going to be wearing them for a long time.  Why would QVC not be jumping on the bandwagon?

Contributor

I can’t think of a better holiday gift for a loved one or friend right now than a face mask.  Talk to the former governor of New Jersey.  There are plenty of light-hearted shows on television or books to read if one needs diversion from world events.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9   Agree completely!  I have the KN95 masks and wear it only when required to go into a store or restaurant. 

Respected Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

I don't see face masks as a "fashion" statement.  They are a medical necessity, nothing more, nothing less.  And I question how effective some of these masks are.

I feel the same way. I think they help somewhat but one can still get infected wearing a mask.  I hope people realize this.

I don't like wearing them at all!  I don't see them as any "fashion statement" and I can't wait to take mine off when I can!!  They are not pleasant and I find them uncomfortable.

The masks I wear are the plain paper disposable ones that I can get at Costco for a box of 50 for $12.00. 

I wear them only when I must and can't wait until the day arrives when we won't have to wear them again!

The masks we wear are not for our protection, it's so you don't breath your germs on others.  The sooner everyone starts wearing a mask the sooner this virus will phase out (along with a vaccine development).   No one likes them, but no one likes getting the virus either. 

Honored Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

The masks we wear are not for our protection, it's so you don't breath your germs on others.  The sooner everyone starts wearing a mask the sooner this virus will phase out (along with a vaccine development).   No one likes them, but no one likes getting the virus either. 

@Winkk I realize that....that is why I said that I wear one when I must. 

I also hope that people realize that one can still get infected even if everyone is wearing one...they are not foolproof.

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

You must not be watching QVC lately.  They have been selling face masks, repeatedly, on air for months now.  People need them and most airings of them sell out quickly.  

I've seen nearly one presentation every week.  There will undoubtedly be many more.  

If you really need a mask ordering from Qvc with their slow shipping is silly. 

@Lali1  You are assuming people are getting their very first mask from QVC and waiting on them to arrive?  

By now I would hope most people have face coverings they are currently wearing.  But they realize they'd like to have a larger supply of them to wash repeatedly, in different colors, or better fitting.

I'm not assuming that. If someone needs a mask why would they want to wait for weeks.It's an opinion. If I order a mask I want it quickly. 

Honored Contributor

Everybody and his brother is selling face coverings now.  Why should QVC be any different?

People order all sorts of things from QVC for all sorts of reasons.  

Respected Contributor

I hate face masks and can't wait until they're no longer necessary -- if ever.  However, I will never complain about anyone selling masks, as they are our new normal. 

Wearing masks will not always prevent transmission, but we've seen the results of those who have refused.  They're the best defense we have. 

Those who refuse to be safe and responsible, may not be here to see this Christmas.  That bothers me more than seeing masks for the Christmas show.