Respected Contributor

Re: What were they thinking? - Face Masks

As much as I know that many people hate wearing masks my husband and I do wear ours every time we are out.  

We live near a marina and enjoy taking walks along the water. The other day the weather here was chilly and windy.   After we put on our masks I noticed that the mask really helped to keep my face warm in the chilly weather.   As we were walking, my husband commented that the mask really did keep that colder air from blowing in his face.

If this pandemic continues into next year like they predict it might I think I'll enjoy wearing my mask when we take our walks along the water during the colder winter months.

I've noticed that even though we are outside, nearly every person we pass has been wearing a mask throughout the entire pandemic time.   I'm so glad that our state was proactive and put the mask mandate into effect relatively early.  

Esteemed Contributor

Do masks guarantee 100% that one won't get the virus?

No, they don't.

I never heard anyone make that claim.

Just like wearing a seatbelt doesn't guarantee that one won't die in an auto accident.

But, wearing a mask is better than not wearing anything at all.

So, unless people want the infection rate and death rate to skyrocket, they should quit their belly-aching about how "ineffective" masks are.

Because if they truly believe that masks don't work at all, then they should put their health, and the health of their loved ones, where their mouth is.

They should stand up, and fight for their belief, otherwise, they are just hypocrites.

Maybe they like having this virus around, and want to keep it around for as long as possible, just so they can have one more thing to complain about, so that's why they love to spout the "masks don't work" mantra.

Who knows?

Are they fun to wear, comfortable ?

No, but it's better than nothing, so I would like to know just how these people plan on reducing the number of infections (which just now passed 8 MILLION) if masks are not one part of the equation.

We all can't stay home. Some of us still have jobs to go to, obligations to meet that require us to leave our home.

Are these people also against hand washing too?

After all, that is not a 100% guarantee to prevent one from getting sick either.

So, until they can come up with a better way to slow/stop the transmission of this virus, I will continue to wear my mask, no matter how uncomfortable it may be, even if it doesn't guarantee me 100% that I won't get sick.

Because the last time that I checked, whatever percent protection that the mask does give me, is a hell of a lot better than zero percent "protection" of not wearing a mask.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Super Contributor

The need to blame QVC for delivery of products is unjust at most, once it leave their sites it is out of their control. It is by time some of you need to realize that, they have to deal with companies who also contract some deliveries. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ respectlife: I'm pretty sure she meant "visit Old Navy( online)" that's what I do.

Valued Contributor

@StopTalking wrote:

Opening up their Christmas Show with selling face masks? Go Woke and Go Broke QVC.....

What does even mean?  It's "woke" to wear a mask?  Most of us call it common sense.

Respected Contributor

A recent CDC report showed that cases went down 75% in Arizona when our governor finally allowed local jurisdictions to mandate mask wearing in conjunction with closing bars/gyms and limiting indoor dining. Those establishments are now open but I’m glad to see continued mask wearing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@StopTalking 

The way David Venable & Ali Carr yukked it up this was supposed to be some SPECIAL SPECTCULAR DAVID'S DOWN HOME CHRISTMAS and the official start to QVC's shopping season....Why the QVC props Department even built that HUGE Switch for David to turn on a special tree light display------

FROM DAVID'S FACEBOOK PAGE--

Hey, Down-Homers! It's time for *4* hours of David's Down-Home Christmas and our Great Big Holiday Kickoff!🎄 Join me now for a ✨special tree lighting✨ here at the Q as we kick off the holiday season and shop great gifts for everyone on your list, like today's best deal from The Comfy!🎁

So despite "the need" that may be out there....as others have pointed out masks have been presented for a long time now on QVC so to present this supposedly SPECIAL HYPED CHRISTMAS SHOW with more of the same ole, same ole was a bit humorous....And the other products were mostly MORE OF THE SAME too....I mean COME ON QVC 🙄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@ladyann45 wrote:

The need to blame QVC for delivery of products is unjust at most, once it leave their sites it is out of their control. It is by time some of you need to realize that, they have to deal with companies who also contract some deliveries. 

So who would we blame when things don't leave the Qvc warehouse for weeks? I get my amazon orders in a day many times and my chewy orders in a day. I get my medical supplies in a day or two. Is Qvc just a victim of some unknown force that can't get it together to ship in a timely manner. 

Esteemed Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

As much as I know that many people hate wearing masks my husband and I do wear ours every time we are out.  

We live near a marina and enjoy taking walks along the water. The other day the weather here was chilly and windy.   After we put on our masks I noticed that the mask really helped to keep my face warm in the chilly weather.   As we were walking, my husband commented that the mask really did keep that colder air from blowing in his face.

If this pandemic continues into next year like they predict it might I think I'll enjoy wearing my mask when we take our walks along the water during the colder winter months.

I've noticed that even though we are outside, nearly every person we pass has been wearing a mask throughout the entire pandemic time.   I'm so glad that our state was proactive and put the mask mandate into effect relatively early.  

Wearing a mask outside is insane.  Your body needs to breathe fresh air and unless you are around a group of people , it is stupid to wear one outside.  These people driving in their cars alone with masks look like morons.  

Esteemed Contributor

Masks are a big money maker for all.  This is why I have two and they are the only two I will buy.   The longer everyone keeps buying these, the order will never be llifted IMO.