Respected Contributor

Re: What were they thinking? - Face Masks

The cloth masks I wear are two layers of cotton that has a pocket to add a filter if you choose. I got some of them from Macy's and some from a lady in North Carolina who makes them herself and has tons of fabrics to choose from.  I wear a mask once, then wash them in the washer and air dry them. The paper disposible masks are bad for the environment and people throw them down in parking lots. I don't think they are any more effective than the cotton ones I wear.

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Kitlynn wrote:

Every company is jumping on the band wagon and selling "designer mask". They are not going to pass up an opportunity to make money. I have been getting catalogs from all different companies and all of them have mask featured. I think it is ridiculous and they aren't cheap either.

@Kitlynn 

This so true now even Tara from Temptations is selling masks in Old World, Floral Lace and Whimsical Prints ...really???.

I agree but why not it's a big money maker but I would prefer she take note of the quality and problems with her brand vs. hawking face masks🙄.

For me, I'll not falling for the latest "a mask for every outfit"😳

I am not either. Disposal ones work just fine for me.

Esteemed Contributor

I have plenty of disposable masks that I have purchased and use to run my errands, I switch them out about twice a week. I also, wait until I return home to throw away in my own trash versus just dumping them wherever, People are such lazy slobs sometimes.

I purchased the Tommie Copper Set of  (2) Washable ones for when i go into my office, which is twice a week now. I like how it can just sit around my neck, so when I am working at my desk I can have it comfortably lowered. When I get up to move around the office or go to the restroom I can pull it up. They looked really comfortable unlike the paper disposable ones, and they are washable.

Respected Contributor

I believe that purchasing a special mask for someone would make a great Christmas gift!  We're going to be wearing masks for most of 2021. Might as well have a little fun with it.

Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe. That is ridiculous!!!
Frequent Contributor

@insomniac2  I agree. What a fun gift idea. I am a teacher and teaching in person. I do purchase masks to go with my outfits to make myself happy and just to give my students something fun to look at while I talk.  When we went back they gave us all a mask with the school logo on it.  It's a great mask and promotes school spirit. I hate that we have to wear them but it's become such a norm now.  My own 2 kids who are in school just like comfortable masks in one  color so it's easy.  We are all in this together.  

Honored Contributor

Have no problem with colorful  masks--I make mine using what fabric I have and it is all patterns and all colors---I don't co ordinate my mask to an outfit or vice versa----

JUST WEAR THE DANG THINGS!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@StopTalking wrote:

Opening up their Christmas Show with selling face masks? Go Woke and Go Broke QVC.....

Every year most of their Christmas Show gifts are stock that is pretty much the same products and more likely their way of emptying the warehouse.......nothing very exciting...lastnight i flipped the channel and saw toothbrushes, later on "makeup".......etc.  Waiting for the flashlights, computers, vacuums, GPS, to pop up......

Frequent Contributor

Fashion statement? I don't think so. Do I like wearing them-NO. However, I think we do do need to wear them so why not have variety! I have many washable - different colors

and patterns. I too,will give some as gifts. Why not. I love them and want to share the gift of safety. Am I suspicious of a lot of info given by EXPERTS- sure . But I am not going to go crazy and  will fight getting depressed till ,with God's love we see an end to all this.

By the way I am so appreciative to be able to communicate  and hear so many points of view. 

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

Masks are a big money maker for all.  This is why I have two and they are the only two I will buy.   The longer everyone keeps buying these, the order will never be llifted IMO.  

@BalletBabe, what??????????

And as for your insults about people who wear masks while driving, you've been given good reasons for why they might do that in past threads. Plus, picking out these people for ridicule when so many don't adhere or even to belief in the common sense precautions is kind of weird.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland