Regular Contributor

Re: What trends in fashion would you like to see GO AWAY?

Absolutely agree with you on that one.   Also, some of the clown-type Logo.  I don't know if its a trend or not, but I cannot stand jackets or pants with a side seam pocket.  They are just sloppy looking and enhance the size of most womens hips.  Just not a nice smooth, flattering look.

Honored Contributor

Since I wear tailored classic styles, I'd say most of the trendy styles can go, but know others like them.

A few of the trends that make their appearances every so often, such as plaid, to me aren't trendy.  I also think lace and embroidery now in fashion do not go out of style, but it depends on the design of the garment.  

Not liking the big bold prints...flowery or other.  The flowery ones remind me of the last time I was in Hawaii, the perfect place to wear them, for me, not where I live.

There are too many to list here, so again I'll say most of the trends.

Honored Contributor

High-Low hems and super stretchy pants, especially jeans.

Respected Contributor

@Islandqueen1 wrote:

Absolutely agree with you on that one.   Also, some of the clown-type Logo.  I don't know if its a trend or not, but I cannot stand jackets or pants with a side seam pocket.  They are just sloppy looking and enhance the size of most womens hips.  Just not a nice smooth, flattering look.

Cropped pants with wide legs. No one looks good in these. hate cropped pants period.

Respected Contributor

i wear what i like.  trends do not affect me.

plenty of styles over the years were not for me.

i have zero desire to judge what others wear or like.  

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

I, also, wear what I like and have no desire to wipe out any style that many may like and wear!  However, if I picked what I do not like to go away it would be boring traditional conservative styles which so many like and wear.  

Wear what you like and let others do the same!

Esteemed Contributor

My personal preference and I’m sure I’m in the minority, but my pick would be skin-tight pants like leggings and all things sleeveless.  It’s difficult for me to find clothes since those items have overwhelmed the market.  So often I’ll find a dress I like, but it’s sleeveless.  I went in search of yoga pants and they were either like leggings or palazzo pants, nothing in-between.  Not that I wish these things would go away but it would be nice if there was more balance. 

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

I, also, wear what I like and have no desire to wipe out any style that many may like and wear!  However, if I picked what I do not like to go away it would be boring traditional conservative styles which so many like and wear.  

Wear what you like and let others do the same!

@Pook    Bravo !!!!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

@TheMemphisVette Its not judging what others wear or like. Its what you like or don't like. It was a personal question.

Valued Contributor

@cotton4me You hit it right on! The fact that some of these styles overwhelm the market making it hard to find things one likes. I'll go through racks in stores or pages online at a retailer and SO much of it incorporates one or more things that you go away empty handed. THANK YOU for getting the sense of the question!