Valued Contributor

Re: What size are you wearing??

@zitawins I agree with you about Marybeth, but Carolyn was not a large..as she always claimed she was wearing.

Valued Contributor

IMO, hosts do the garments; themselves & their sales a disservice when they squeeze into a smaller size just because it happens to be on the stage.
Many times I hear hosts say how a certain garment was "pulled" for them in their size (which makes sense), that statement leads me to believe that they aren't obligated to just put on whatever is on the rack randomly.

As it is in retail, smaller sizes are used for display & presentation. If they want to keep changing during their shows, they should arrange to have the garments in their size there.

Respected Contributor

@ncmom wrote:
Hosts, Please wear the size that fits you best!! Does it seem that some hosts insist on wearing a size smaller than they normally would? I applaud them for trying different outfits during the show; it’s great to show support for the brand. Watching Denim and Co…Julia has tried several different tops throughout the show which is fun. However, it looks like she’s wearing someone else’s clothes…just too small on her. Just my observation today; I know it’s not earth shattering 😂

I was watching Julia with Gary today and she really needs to size up one in the clothing she wears.  Does not bode well for selling.  She looks kinda messy all the time.

Respected Contributor

@zitawins wrote:

@ncmom   I was thinking the same thing about Julia. At one presentation, she said "I'm a size 6. I am wearing XS."   Which is laughable.  I want to say "Julia, there's nothing wrong with being an 8 or a 10 or whatever. Juse don't try to fool us."    

Mary Beth and Carolyn were the only ones I believed. They stated their true sizes and looked great in them.

Leah also always wears her real size and things never look too small on her.  She is obviously not afraid to share her true size ( large) with us.

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

It is often not readily available.  This doesn't bother me as much as everyone claiming they are an XXXXXXXXXXS.  They obviously are not.

@depglass 

If your that size IMO you don't exist? LOL!!!

Trusted Contributor

@nycalady wrote:

IMO, hosts do the garments; themselves & their sales a disservice when they squeeze into a smaller size just because it happens to be on the stage.
Many times I hear hosts say how a certain garment was "pulled" for them in their size (which makes sense), that statement leads me to believe that they aren't obligated to just put on whatever is on the rack randomly.

As it is in retail, smaller sizes are used for display & presentation. If they want to keep changing during their shows, they should arrange to have the garments in their size there.

@nycalady 

Hosts don't have that much power.

Respected Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Why can't they put a scale on the stage?

I'm sure some posters would like this. Awhile back a couple of posters suggested that the models and hosts should be required to give their measurements when selling clothes. I don't think that would go over too well with HR. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Your question has to be one of the top 5 subjects discussed here.  

I'm more likely to ask "What wrong size are you wearing?"

They're not fooling me.  If their clothes fit too tightly, they are wearing the wrong size whether they say it's XS or Plus.  

Esteemed Contributor

Same old saw..hosts wearing clothes too small. I guess it's important to say you're an xxxs and a size under 6. Anyway, the tightness of the clothing makes the item look bad in my opinion. But not many care about my opinion.  So go 'head hosts, wear what you think looks good.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Super Contributor

No one fudges more on sizing than the "hand-flapper" herself.