Regular Contributor

Re: What size are you wearing??

Several weeks ago, during a TSV for some capris, the host said, "I'm a size small." Nope. Either that is some real "vanity sizing," which is a disservice to the customers, or the host was fibbing, which is also a disservice.

Just tell the truth, whatever size you're in!
Valued Contributor

Oh wow! I thought the same thing this morning, and even commented it to my sister via email. There is nothing wrong with wearing a medium if that is what makes you look good! I looked at the tv when this host said she was wearing a small, and said out loud, yes, but you should not be! And this was intentional, and she left to put it on when the samples were all xs. I think QVC would sell more if everyone, including the hosts, looked good in the clothing.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lvqfan 

LOL at your post!  (Even though I have no idea who "the hand flapper is.) Please clue me in! I have a couple of guesses, but have never called anyone that. Smiley LOL 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Super Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@Lvqfan 

LOL at your post!  (Even though I have no idea who "the hand flapper is.) Please clue me in! I have a couple of guesses, but have never called anyone that. Smiley LOL 

C'mon. ....you know!😂

Honored Contributor

@happilyretiredgirl wrote:

@zitawins I agree with you about Marybeth, but Carolyn was not a large..as she always claimed she was wearing.

For sure !!  2x .  Mary Beth is probably closer to a large then a medium, too.

Valued Contributor

@Lvqfan wrote

@BirkiLady wrote:

@Lvqfan 

C'mon. ....you know!😂

The Dancing Queen....LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@happilyretiredgirl wrote:

@Lvqfan wrote

@BirkiLady wrote:

@Lvqfan 

C'mon. ....you know!😂

The Dancing Queen....LOL!

@Lvqfan  My first quess was JT or LW.

@happilyretiredgirl  Think you saved me with JT? Smiley LOL  It fits her to a T.  LOL    (No wonder I can't watch her!)

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Occasional Contributor

I notice this same  thing.  Jen Coffey is a definite offender!!  It is almost laughable, and certainly irritating.

Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

They wear what the stylists put out for them to wear.  You aren't buying clothes for the hosts so what difference does it make?   

@chrystaltree wrote:

They wear what the stylists put out for them to wear.  You aren't buying clothes for the hosts so what difference does it make?   

The difference is we want to see, if you were my size, how the item looks on my body as well. If you say your a small, and I am as well, I would look at the item and say, I guess I should go up a size. That's why!!! The designers should be mortified that their clothes look horrible on some of these hosts. One vendor did tell Shawn to put her correct size on, because it pulled horribly in the front.

Regular Contributor

QVC's vanity sizing is so ridiculous that when I was slightly overweight per BMI I still wore an XS.