Trusted Contributor

Re: What should I do?? Lose a bunch on Shipping or Return???

Hi @lyn61 geez I don't  get all the nasty comments sent your way.  As a long time shopper at the Q I remember there was a time when the Q had consistent measurements, for the most part, on all the clothing they sold, granted it was a little diffrent than B & M stores but it was consistent and once you new your size you were pretty much set.  Now the sizing is all over the place and it is very hard to guess what will fit, As for the size charts, good lord they are seldom correct, I can't tell you how many times I have followed them and they been way off !!!    The new shipping policy is awful.  But if I were you I would call CS and talk to them about it, I have found them to be more than helpful with this type situation. I hope it all turns out well for you

Respected Contributor

@Susan-QVC wrote:

Please try and stay on topic or risk thread being deleted or locked. 

Thx,  Susan Q-Social

Thank YOU Susan-QVC for being a great playground monitor! You guys have a rough job and a lot more patience than me. Cheers!

Valued Contributor

Don't send the shirts back individually!  That will cost a bundle.  It will be much cheaper to bag as many as you can and pay your own postage.

I always hold my returns to bundle if I have several items going to the same address at QVC.  I also tape a note inside the bag to remind whomever is doing the return that I already paid the return shipping.  I've had no problems with this and it does save me money.

Honored Contributor

Yes indeed, that 'try-on' fee, comprised of two way shipping costs, (especially paired with sizing they know is inconsistent) with nothing to show for it, really is quite the racket...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

You state you oredered your normal size, but the clothes fit like they are much bigger. Before returning, Measure the clothes and compare the measurements to the size charts online.

If they are indeed much bigger than what is stated, call customer service and explain that the items are not the correct size as listed, defective. QVC should give a total refund an free return shipping.

Esteemed Contributor

You take your chances. Everybody knows the return shipping. I love Boat shoes. The Q actually had them on sale: Ryka original price $60., on sale for $39.99. I liked them, but on considering the very good possibility they would not fit and would cost me $20. to return, I passed. Ryka, Clark are way too inconsistent, to bother with that loss. 

Honored Contributor

I very rarely buy clothing any more.  I used to but have found that the garment sizing listed (the actual garment chest size specifically which I look at every time I've ordered).... have often been wrong~!  Wrong enough to make the item either too small or way too large.  I've actually mesured the garment chest size and compared it to what is on their sizing grid for garment sizing.  Having been a sewer since I was in Jr. High, I know how to do this accurately.  

If I can't count on the specs being correct, I can't order because I will not pay to ship back clothing any more.  Shoes are another problem.... I've returned more shoes than I've kept due to sizing issues and my shoe size is an off the rack 9M with no problems.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

Keep in mind that online and electronic companies count on customers NOT returning items even when they do not work out (not working out for a wide variety of reasons).  If you research stats on this, you will see the low percentage rates on returns which they heavily depend on..

I always return any item that doesn't work out - there has never been a case when not returning an item saved me more money than returning it would.  Why let any company profit from you not wanting to incur shipping fees?  If you paid $24 for even 7 tops (just not even including the $27 top) that's a total of $168 plus tax (so figure maybe another $10 or so) equals $178.  Original shipping on 7 tops = $21.00 and return shipping should run probably under $10 if you stick all the tops in one parcel or box and use a QVC return shipping label.  I assumed the higher cost label since the tops were all boxed together.  

Would you rather assume a loss of $31 or a loss of $178 for a bunch of tops you will never ever wear?  You are still ahead by $147.  And I didn't even count in the $27 top!

Just remember that if you will get no use from a purchase, regardless of the reasons, it always makes more sense to absorb whatever the shipping fees total than be out the total cost of purchasing the items to begin with.  Focus on the net benefit to you and NOT being one of those customers that companies count on to not make returns hence adding to their bottom line.

I do agreethat calling CS and discussing the sizing issues might be very beneficial - hey, what can you lose other than some minutes of your time?

Contributor

Dorothy has excellent advice.  You ordered the size you usually order, & they don't fit.  Talk w/ CS, you should not be charged.  CS can make a note of this, just follow up to make sure you are not charged.

Honored Contributor

@Dorothy11 wrote:

You state you oredered your normal size, but the clothes fit like they are much bigger. Before returning, Measure the clothes and compare the measurements to the size charts online.

If they are indeed much bigger than what is stated, call customer service and explain that the items are not the correct size as listed, defective. QVC should give a total refund an free return shipping.

That's exactly what she should do!!