Respected Contributor

Re: What's your opinion on untraditional colors for holiday decor?

@Sweet Kitties Personally I stick to the traditional color schemes but perhaps I too need to step out of the box.  Life is a journey!

Honored Contributor

Imagine flying American flags on July 4rth that are peach, green, and yellow?

Disrespectful to the American flag?  I think so.

That's what I think about changing Christmas colors from red, green, silver, gold, multi-colors, to pink and pale blue.   One generation comes along and doesn't like those traditional colors, so retailers go along and change theirs.  Very disrespectful!

We think of pumpkins as orange.  I have seen white and green.  Why pink, blue, violet, etc?  Why decorate for Fall with colors that have nothing to do with those we naturally see in Fall?

Esteemed Contributor

I'm open for Christmas colors, but for fall I like nature's seasonal colors. But, when I saw that posted picture of the pumpkins, the aqua was my favorite.
Contributor

Recently QVC showed candlesticks that looked like three stacked pumpkins, turquoise, orange, and cream. I liked the mix of turquoise, the accent color in my house, with the traditional orange. Best of both worlds. I did not purchase because I have some VPH votives in harvest colors that fill the same purpose.

I looked for the pumpkin candlesticks tonight so I could post a picture, but I couldn't find them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw them and they look pretty.  I would not do a fall theme with all that same color.

I do think they would look very appealing mixed in with the traditional colors.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

I  like the rich traditional fall colors...

Honored Contributor

I like unique things, so as long as the "non-traditional" colors are colors I like, I'd go for it.  I would never use colors I don't like.

Super Contributor

I am very traditional and I love the colors red, green and white at Christmas!  They all have a special meaning having to do with Christ… Which is who we celebrate at Christmas!  

Super Contributor

I agree!!!