Honored Contributor

Re: What's with this new policy on returns?

I can't remember the last time I returned an item BUT then I mostly buy clothes from a few vendors I've had success with, read the reviews carefully and never spend more than $30 so if I don't like it, I just donate it.  Can't imagine spending so much money to return items that some on this forum seem to do.

Honored Contributor

It isn't new...they have had these blowout sales with No Returns before.

Other online retailers ALSO do it.  QVC are not villains...it is a widely used practice!

They will take it back if damaged, defective or wrong item received and you still get a FULL refund.

I might not chance new clothing unless it is a reorder of something I already have.

I would def consider it for household items I have been wanting with a very low risk of needing to return.

Esteemed Contributor

Looks like they are liquidating inventory.

Assume the good news is that they have new coming in.  Have to see.

Honored Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

Usually when items are priced low they are Final Sale items. This happens in retail stores as well, nothing new.

@riley1   I don't order items that cannot be returned. In stores, many dressing rooms are not opened, but you have to purchase clothes, try them on at home and if they don't fit...final sale? 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@riley1 wrote:

Usually when items are priced low they are Final Sale items. This happens in retail stores as well, nothing new.

@riley1   I don't order items that cannot be returned. In stores, many dressing rooms are not opened, but you have to purchase clothes, try them on at home and if they don't fit...final sale? 

@Shanus    I'm sure she means Pre-Covid.  Things WERE that way at retail stores for years.

This blowout/final sale concept is nothing new for B&M or online retailers.

It would be on the buyer to ask what the current policy is if the dressing rooms are closed.

I think it is silly to say goodbye to QVC just because they are selling some items final sale.

Just don't buy THOSE items!  Simple!

Honored Contributor

Truly nothing new either here or in retail stores - many places have final sales.  If you know your size and are comfortable with a particular line, there are great savings to be had.

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@riley1 wrote:

@Shanus    I'm sure she means Pre-Covid.  Things WERE that way at retail stores for years.

It would be on the buyer to ask what the current policy is if the dressing rooms are closed.

I think it is silly to say goodbye to QVC just because they are selling some items final sale.

@RespectLife   I never said I wasn't purchasing from QVC...just not items I can't return. That goes for anywhere I'd shop. It's certainly up to @riley1 to make those decisions for herself. 

Honored Contributor

The blowout clearance items are great bargains.  The trick is to buy items from lines where you know the fit or to buy more of an item you've previously bought and liked. 

If you don't want to take the chance, just pass them by.  Nobody is being forced to buy them.  I've had great luck with them in the past. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@riley1 wrote:

@RespectLife   I never said I wasn't purchasing from QVC...just not items I can't return. That goes for anywhere I'd shop. It's certainly up to @riley1 to make those decisions for herself. 

@Shanus   I know you didn't say that...it was the OP.  I was referring to her Goodbye QVC comment...I should have been more specific.

Frequent Contributor

It's not just this "No Return" policy.  I have received items from QVC damaged, or obvious returns, or poor quality merchandise or inconsistent clothing sizes.  I have not been buying from QVC like I used to.