Trusted Contributor

Re: What's with the mask hanging on Jayne Brown's ear during her clothing show?

@rms1954 wrote:

If they feel the need to promote "designer" masks, which I find obnoxious, at least give us credit for knowing how to wear them.  It is absolutely not necessary to wear them especially talking with them on during your presentation.  One night Amy wore them through the entire presentation.  So utterly unnecessary.

It is necessary if you tuned into the show after the mask was presented and did not know it was available. Also, many people do not know how to wear them. I have seen people in the grocery store that either do not have their chins covered or do not have their noses covered. We are in the middle of a pandemic, people are dying. This is important. I live in Arizona and in the last two weeks our numbers have doubled.Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@walkingal wrote:

@Twoaces wrote:

Quite often I put my sunglasses on top of my head when I don’t need them for a few minutes.  I think we will get used to seeing people hanging masks off one ear for a similar reason.  We will get used to many adaptations over the next year or so. 

Nope, you won't see me doing that.  I'm not buying into this "new normal."  

Unfortunately numbers are spiking again because people aren't "buying into this new normal."  SMH

Respected Contributor

I'll wear a mask when appropriate, but wearing it incorrectly, or hanging off one ear is ridiculous looking.  And, please remove it if you need to do a lot of talking and are a safe distance from others.  It's annoying trying to make out what someone is saying while wearing some of those masks.  My "new normal" includes common sense.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@walkingal wrote:

@Twoaces wrote:

Quite often I put my sunglasses on top of my head when I don’t need them for a few minutes.  I think we will get used to seeing people hanging masks off one ear for a similar reason.  We will get used to many adaptations over the next year or so. 

Nope, you won't see me doing that.  I'm not buying into this "new normal."  

So agree with you Walkingal!  There is no "new normal" it's abnormal.  

Valued Contributor

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

If they feel the need to promote "designer" masks, which I find obnoxious, at least give us credit for knowing how to wear them.  It is absolutely not necessary to wear them especially talking with them on during your presentation.  One night Amy wore them through the entire presentation.  So utterly unnecessary.

It is necessary if you tuned into the show after the mask was presented and did not know it was available. Also, many people do not know how to wear them. I have seen people in the grocery store that either do not have their chins covered or do not have their noses covered. We are in the middle of a pandemic, people are dying. This is important. I live in Arizona and in the last two weeks our numbers have doubled.Smiley Sad

Tell that to the elderly woman that passsed out in the supermarket I was in.  Two employees were talking about it and I saw the ambulance outside.  It was quite warm in the store and I was very uncomfortable as a younger person, and I can't imagine what she was going through.  That mask should not be a muzzle.  If I'm going to spend my hard earned money in that store, no one, including a busybody stranger, is going to tell me how I should wear my mask.  I am a human being and will breathe air.  Humanity is not a virus.  Stay home if you buy into the fear.  I've been working full time 10 hour days at an office that I travel to and from each day (not from home) since March and will continue to live my life.

Honored Contributor

@Lattelvr wrote:

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

Tell that to the elderly woman that passsed out in the supermarket I was in.  Two employees were talking about it and I saw the ambulance outside.  It was quite warm in the store and I was very uncomfortable as a younger person, and I can't imagine what she was going through.  That mask should not be a muzzle.  If I'm going to spend my hard earned money in that store, no one, including a busybody stranger, is going to tell me how I should wear my mask.  I am a human being and will breathe air.  Humanity is not a virus.  Stay home if you buy into the fear.  I've been working full time 10 hour days at an office that I travel to and from each day (not from home) since March and will continue to live my life.

This is an ignorant response.  YOU should stay home if you can't wear a mask to protect others.  YOU are the reason the numbers are spiking again.