Honored Contributor

Re: What's with all the coughing today?

[ Edited ]

I am coughing too. Colds/etc. are in full swing here.

Most people can't stay home from work for weeks. If you have a fever or throwing up, that's different IMO.

Esteemed Contributor

It's certainly possible that an upper respiratory infection is making its way through QVC. On the other hand, here in the northeast we are having a bizarre heatwave and it is wreaking havoc with allergies. My husband and I are coughing at each other all day long.

Esteemed Contributor

There's a bad upper respiratory virus going around.  I caught it on a plane and can't shake it.  People are going to be coughing for a long time.

Honored Contributor

I have it too.  I hardly get sick.  I had a sore throat last week and now coughing & sneezing.  

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

I have it too.  I hardly get sick.  I had a sore throat last week and now coughing & sneezing.  

That's exactly me too! I had it for 2 long weeks, got rid of it and now its back and I hardly ever get sick either! It started both times with a sore throat and then sneezing, coughing-yuck!

I don't think I have ever had allergies but how can you tell the difference? Though I do think this is a full fledged cold!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

I just think it's just some virus going around, they are human too and a few of the hosts have young kids. I don't find anything unusual about it. Using you voice doesn't help the issue either. Hope they feel better soon.

Honored Contributor

Seriously?

Allergies are in full swing.

A lot of people have colds.  There seems to be something going around.  It seems I'm running into more people with coughs lately than without.

Jill said yesterday she sounds a lot worse than she feels.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

I wasn't sure why Kerstin had to leave (was watching when the switch occurred). But I SMH when Jill came on and the very first thing she said, looking straight into the camera with a not-nice glare, was "I don't want to see any FB comments about my hair! I was in the middle of using my Calista iron when they came and got me!" (paraphrased slightly.) Bet that made Kerstin feel grateful, and I'm sure she felt Jill was glad to do it...NOT.

Jill has a very dry sense of humor.  I took this as a total joke.  It was just Jill.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

I wasn't sure why Kerstin had to leave (was watching when the switch occurred). But I SMH when Jill came on and the very first thing she said, looking straight into the camera with a not-nice glare, was "I don't want to see any FB comments about my hair! I was in the middle of using my Calista iron when they came and got me!" (paraphrased slightly.) Bet that made Kerstin feel grateful, and I'm sure she felt Jill was glad to do it...NOT.

Jill has a very dry sense of humor.  I took this as a total joke.  It was just Jill.

Agree @LipstickdivaWhen you can't cough, say ummm, take a day off, change your hair style, or not smile enough without forum comments, I think Jill has a keen sense of self preservation.

Valued Contributor

Regardless of their reason, with their lapel mikes so close to their mouth, every cough sends shock waves in my ears ... perhaps if they simply cover their mouths (or mikes) with their hands, it would be tolerable.   The same goes for clapping of their hands in excitement--do they know what that does to people with hearing aids?  Ouch!