Honored Contributor

Re: What's with all the coughing today?

I wasn't sure why Kerstin had to leave (was watching when the switch occurred). But I SMH when Jill came on and the very first thing she said, looking straight into the camera with a not-nice glare, was "I don't want to see any FB comments about my hair! I was in the middle of using my Calista iron when they came and got me!" (paraphrased slightly.) Bet that made Kerstin feel grateful, and I'm sure she felt Jill was glad to do it...NOT.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

@tbearski wrote:

They are human, and you can't control a cough or a sneeze!

Thank you, @tbearski  for your post!  As someone with a chronic cough due to a lung disease, I know first hand that people cannot help it.   I wish others who want to nit pick over an uncontrollable reflex would show some compassion, instead of criticizing. Get well wishes for all hosts and forum friends who may be suffering with allergies, cold/flu, etc...Have a happy and healthy week ahead!

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Esteemed Contributor

My sister and I were at an antique market yesterday at a fair grounds......in other words....many, many people.  It was 95 degees, little breeze, or shade.  We heard so many people sneeze, wet, messy type sneezes that we were beginning to think it was Stephen King's THE STAND playing out in real life.  YIKES!!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

The coughing may be due to allergies - ragweed pollen count is high here in southeastern PA.  We haven't had rain in 2-3 weeks so that makes it worse, I suppose.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pandalady wrote:

@tbearski wrote:

Thank you, @tbearski  for your post!  As someone with a chronic cough due to a lung disease, I know first hand that people cannot help it.   I wish others who want to nit pick over an uncontrollable reflex would show some compassion, instead of criticizing. Get well wishes for all hosts and forum friends who may be suffering with allergies, cold/flu, etc...Have a happy and healthy week ahead!

@Pandalady....well said.  Hi, how are you?  Love posting with you.  You take care.

Respected Contributor

@shell garden wrote:

@Pandalady wrote:

@tbearski wrote:

@Pandalady....well said.  Hi, how are you?  Love posting with you.  You take care.

@shell garden  Thank you!  I am doing well and I hope you are, too!Cat Very Happy  It's back to work for me tomorrow.  We just had our "fall break" week.  It will be tough getting up tomorrow.  Used to sleeping in!  LOL

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

I think too many people go to work while they have cold symptoms.  They think they're being brave soldiers, but they're actually spreading their germs around to everyone!

There should be a backup plan for those who are scheduled to appear on air.  

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

It's probably the weather.  Cold one day, hot the next.

The weather has nothing to do with it.

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

I think too many people go to work while they have cold symptoms.  They think they're being brave soldiers, but they're actually spreading their germs around to everyone!

There should be a backup plan for those who are scheduled to appear on air.  

I think that, like most employers of any type or kind, including healthcare employers believe it or not, QVC likely speaks out of both sides of their corporate mouth.

The official, corporate line would be oh, please stay home and rest (poor thing) and don't pass it around. The immediate, people you work with/for daily reaction is "How could you do this to me/us, we'll have to cover for you." No matter how much one "shouldn't" be at work, if they're not they will feel someone's annoyance. Often their immediate supervisor. Bet on it. People in all sorts of jobs are pressured to show up when sick, no matter what the "official line" is. It's co-worker and supervisor pressure - AND how you're regarded come review time. Should it be that way? Heck no. Is it that way? In many jobs if not most. And many employees don't have the luxury of just getting another job. 

Once I was retired and moved, I immediately had my first cold in about 3 years. I know it was from moving/packing stress. I said I actually didn't mind, because it was the first time in many decades that I could stay home in bed and just sleep and let the cold take its course. I didn't "have" to show up somewhere feeling like kwap :-( I got to actually rest. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Valued Contributor

Well just from watching ITKWD you know they have a lack of real working sinks/plumbing on set.  Then when one person gets a cold or flu everyone does. I'm sure every set has a lack of it and when you have a bunch of people around handling everything for any one show and no real ability to run to a ready hand washing station I'm sure it gets around fast. There's only so much hand sanitizer and towels can do.