Highlighted
Regular Contributor

What's with all the coughing today?

At least four separate times today Ive seen hosts or presenters walk off set to hack their lungs out or be unable to speak because they'd have frogs in their throat. I think it's reached a point where these people cannot humanly talk so rapidly anymore.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: What's with all the coughing today?

Kerstin had to leave in the middle of Valerie's show. Jill sounds like she may have a cold, David usually coughs because he is trying to taste someone's food and talk at the same time. 

Honored Contributor

It's probably the weather.  Cold one day, hot the next.

Contributor

They are human, and you can't control a cough or a sneeze!

Respected Contributor

Allergy season too. I completely sympathize and understand how uncontrollable this can be.

Respected Contributor

It did seem like Kirstin had a problem the whole show.  She left a few times.  I wondered if it was what was mentioned previously but then when Jill came on she was coughing and thought maybe something was going around at the studio.  Jill has had problems before with coughing and hoarse throat.

Trusted Contributor

I don't know about the hosts, but our schools are full of viruses, lots of kids out..my son has been fighting something all week, and I've had this awful headache for four days, feel lousy...Smiley Tongue

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Frequent Contributor

Theres a bug going around I have had it for 2 weeks so far! It turned into a uper respiratory infection. And yes you cough and hack and cough up mucus .I feel for the hosts as this bug is a nasty thing to have

Respected Contributor

I find with the change of seasons, I'm more prone to getting a sore throat/cold, etc.  I have bad allergies and with the sneezing, runny nose, post nasal drip 🤧causes a scratchy throat as well.  I'm always wondering if I have a cold, or just rotten allergies?

Honored Contributor

I think it's because it's usually cold in there.  Air conditioning takes out humidity in the air making it very, very dry.  When you have to talk so much dry air is not your friend.

When Valerie was complaining about the heat, Jill said, "When you come over to me in the 'At Home With Jill at 7:00 it's very cool there".  So that leads me to believe the temps in that place vary greatly.

I have to run my dehumidifier over and over in the summer because my house (even with air conditioning) is so humid it's terrible!  The air conditioning people are always telling me 'turn down the air conditioning' but then the arthritis acts up.

I guess it must be really hard to control the temps of the different areas of that huge place.