Esteemed Contributor

Re: What's up with the NO votes for reviews?

I am scratching my head over some of these comments.

Truly, what does it matter whether someone tapped a Yes or No on a review you posted? Do people actually go back and check on how others are reviewing their review??

@Somertime , I'm much more bothered by dedicated haters who write bogus reviews about products they just love to hate.

Imagine slamming an entire brand as "junk" because you were disappointed in one defective item from that product line, years ago.

Yup, just read one of those posts.

@Liverbird1. I didn't 'get' your meaning at first. I usually read QVC reviews on the app, where no one is singled out for being prolific.

Honored Contributor

Pit a negative comment on merchandise on certain lines, no matter how accurate, and you'll be the most "noed" person of the day.  I don't care; this stuff isn't perfect and I don't mind saying so.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

I am scratching my head over some of these comments.

Truly, what does it matter whether someone tapped a Yes or No on a review you posted? Do people actually go back and check on how others are reviewing their review??

@Somertime , I'm much more bothered by dedicated haters who write bogus reviews about products they just love to hate.

Imagine slamming an entire brand as "junk" because you were disappointed in one defective item from that product line, years ago.

Yup, just read one of those posts.

@Liverbird1. I didn't 'get' your meaning at first. I usually read QVC reviews on the app, where no one is singled out for being prolific.

@x Hedge No, at least I have never gone back to check my reviews.  That's just it, it's not a popularity contest.  But some posters deem it as such and are trifling with their little No votes.  But then when No is rightfully voted, it's in hopes to sway a reviewer to stick with the real purpose of the review.

I take all reviews with a grain of salt, but they can be very helpful when done right. I'd like to know if I should consider the 20 reviewers who said to size up in shoe size, or the 13 reviewers who said the conditioner made their hair stiff

But when I see a lot of vendor did not bring Narrows, again; I still cannot purchase this brand! -- it it so inconsiderate to see that as a review. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Effie54 wrote:

I try to review a product as fair and as honest as I can. I try to outline the positive and negatives of the product. This is to help other buyers, in case they have questions about a product, and to illustrate more about the product's pros and cons. Again, I'm fair in my representation. I find it funny to see a "no" this was not helpful. I could see if I was bashing a product....but I don't. People are interesting, to say the least. 

@Effie54 

I saw this too and wondered if someone is playing games with these WAS THIS REVIEW HELPFUL? YES or NO buttons ......

LOTS of NO votes on any or all negative reviews...Are these being manipulated by "fans" of the vendors.....hmmmmmmm

Now if the person did not receive the merchandise yet, or the review was not about the product, "the item sold out in my size you need to order more in the XXS",  or "this top needs to be available in pink" or "use packing materials that are more eco friendly", "I haven't received the item yet, but I love this vendor so I anticipate that this item HAS to be good"......then I click REPORT since the comment doesnt have anything to do with the actual performance of the RECEIVED product.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Sometimes you can give a thorough, fair, and insightful review (no bashing), and it happens to be less than 5 stars.  Then an obsessed brand fan reads it and votes "No, it was not helpful."  I just ignore all those instances.  Anyone reading the review can see that vote for what it is, so that voter is really wasting their time being so ridiculous.

But a vote "No" when someone's review is only to complain that the box it came in was slightly dented!, or QVC doesn't have enough pants in petites!, or I'm glad [the vendor] is back -- those reviews get NO votes, and deservedly so. 

@Caaareful Shopper 

In the area I bolded -----instead of given a NO vote, people should be clicking REPORT since their comment is not within the scope of a valid review...

Here's the Review Guidelines:

QVC values your feedback!

When writing your review, please consider the following guidelines:

• Focus on the product and your individual experience using it
  • Provide details about why you liked or disliked a product
  • All submitted reviews are subject to the terms set forth in our Terms of Use

In addition, if you wish to share feedback with us about product selection, pricing, ordering, delivery or other customer service issues, please do not submit this feedback through a product review. Instead, contact us directly.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@x Hedge 
It seems like i have noticed a LOT of them lately...a newer thing. Is someone just having fun ot what?
I noticed that especially with the food items. And one person said they didn't believe the good reviews were real!  Yeah, as though we'd lie on a QVC review! LOL  I seriously think some people have lost any sense of decency. And I am not kidding.
Thanks for posting because I have noticed the same thing.

Honored Contributor

@10000thnickname wrote:

@x Hedge 
It seems like i have noticed a LOT of them lately...a newer thing. Is someone just having fun ot what?
I noticed that especially with the food items. And one person said they didn't believe the good reviews were real!  Yeah, as though we'd lie on a QVC review! LOL  I seriously think some people have lost any sense of decency. And I am not kidding.
Thanks for posting because I have noticed the same thing.

@10000thnickname 

While I agree with you and @x Hedge  something is going on with the reviews and no votes......BUT if some dont believe the good reviews it could be because awhile back there were some very suspcious reviews for one food vendor....a lot of 5 star reviews were posted and what was strange they all seemed to use the SAME EXACT phrasing and wording in all these reviews....and these were reported to QVC.....funny how the vendor is no longer with QVC....anyway, this might have been why some people are "suspicious".......

Esteemed Contributor

I will give a No vote to people who review an item they didn’t receive. They shouldn’t be allowed to review an item they haven’t received.