Honored Contributor

What’s the story? Half the time I log in to the Forum the Q prompts me to put in a new nick name.

What’s happening? Half the time I try to log into the Forum the Q prompts me to put in a new nick name. Half the time it remembers it’s me and leaves me alone with my long time nick name. Anyone know what’s going on?

Honored Contributor

Re: What’s the story? Half the time I log in to the Forum the Q prompts me to put in a new nick name

This used to happen to me with the old board.  Simply keep putting in your original name.  Same goes with passwords on most sites.  Give them your old one when they don't recognize it.

Respected Contributor

Re: What’s the story? Half the time I log in to the Forum the Q prompts me to put in a new nick name

@Mindy D wrote:

What’s happening? Half the time I try to log into the Forum the Q prompts me to put in a new nick name. Half the time it remembers it’s me and leaves me alone with my long time nick name. Anyone know what’s going on?

Same with me and I'm tired of it. Who or what is doing this? So annoying.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D and @HLP

Which devices and browsers are you using to access the site? This information can help pinpoint potential problems and solutions.

Honored Contributor

I’m using an IPad Pro with Current iOS 12.1.1 and Safari.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D - The combination of iPad Pro and Safari have been causing site display issues for users recently, but I haven't seen comments about forum login issues for iPad users in awhile. Have you tried the usual clearing of cache and cookies to see if that helps? It's a pain to reset things all the time for one site, but it does often solve the problem (even if only temporarily). Good luck!

Respected Contributor

I use Safari on an iPad Pro and so far am not having any problems.

iPad Pro, iOS 12.1.1