Honored Contributor

Re: What’s hosts are not at the Q now???

[ Edited ]

@depglass  Connie Craig Carroll, Robin Wall and Brett Chuckerman all left about the same time.  I believe they were all let go.  Carrie Smith left last October after she had her second baby.  Those are the most recent departures I remember.  

I haven't seen any new hosts at HSN.  They have all been there for at least 3 years.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I just do not get that close to any host to feel bad or whatever if they leave. Maybe I am not the usual QVC shopper....I just do not feel close to a salesman.

Personally can't help but have  an affinity to many the many people I see. They can be checkout clerks, baggers, store staff, mail people, ups guy, garbage man, lawn service etc.   They are people that smile, talk and make money from my existence and presence.  That does not make me care for them any less or feel bad when they leave. Think it is called empathy or humanity or something like that.

Frequent Contributor

Too bad Courtney Kondabi (sorry for the spelling) didn't go.  She gives me a migraine.

Valued Contributor

I will miss Anonella on the jewelry shows.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kelsey17 wrote:

I agree.....and i was surprised they let go Antonella as she was a host who was VOTED in by the customers!!

No, she wasn't. Antonella auditioned with the QVC America Host Search 2004, made it in as a semi-finalist, and she, Sheila Johnson and Carolyn Gracie were removed from the competition and placed in the host trainee program and made their QVC on-air debuts in July 2004. On May 7, 2004, Dave James and four others auditioned on-air and the QVC customers voted for Dave to be the other host trainee. The incoming host trainees replaced the retired program hosts Paul Deasy, Kim Parrish, Jane Rudolph Treacy, and Judy Crowell.

Respected Contributor

While not a fan of all of the hosts on there, I'd rather they get rid of some of the guests they keep having on there.  For example Jeff and Erin (gem & Diamonique reps).  Some of these hosts have been selling the stuff for 30+ years and act like they've never seen it before. 

Contributor

Completely agree about the Tinkerbell voice - any time she comes on I immediately mute her because I am so tired of hearing about her daughters, herself and that voice is like nails on a chalkboard.

Esteemed Contributor

@teacherd We all have our pet peeves or, in the alternative, our pets. I really like Jane T. and don't mind hearing about her childhood and her family. I had a dysfunctional childhood with a mother that never gave a hug or said I love you throughout my entire life. I used to have daydreams as a child of having a home like the one Jane T. describes. Heart

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Trusted Contributor

I didn't know about any of this, and I just read many hosts were let go, and someone was sad about Antonella. I came here looking for answers. I just can't believe they would let Antonella go. And Gabrielle Kerr? They should have brought her back to prime time weekly at the Q.

I agree with what you said. All of these new, young girls with little experience.

I didn't want to mention names, but I had a good laugh with your remark about  Julia, the slouch queen. I had always thought that myself. I always think she looks like she has been walking through the woods didn't change clothes or even brush her hair. It's hard for me to believe they would like her presentations and let the good veterans go. And Jane? I've  never been able to take her. I never got to see much of Stacy or Kristine (a) Zell, but I saw them at least twice and they were much more professional and polished than these new, young girls. I think it is all  about the money. Maybe these young ones work for less, and the veterans had been getting much gracious wages in the past. But Antonella? So, so sad.

Respected Contributor

Oh for the love of God! How much longer are you going to keep beating this dead horse???