Esteemed Contributor

Re: What’s hosts are not at the Q now???

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I just do not get that close to any host to feel bad or whatever if they leave. Maybe I am not the usual QVC shopper....I just do not feel close to a salesman.

It's not about feeling "close", there are hosts that are good at presenting items we are interested in, and it is more enjoyable when they are easy to listen to.  There are many hosts at QVC that don't know how to present items and/or are unpleasant to listen to.  But if I am interested in the item and trying to make a decision whether to purchase, i find it helpful to watch someone who is good at presenting the item and easy to listen to.

Honored Contributor

@_O_ wrote:

I've got a question...How does anyone KNOW anyone was "Let go" and didn't leave of their own volition or just assuming they were all fired?

@_O_  - Antoinella, for one, announced it on FB that she had no idea it was coming and told everyone how she had been very upset and crying about it.  So no insider information here.

Frequent Contributor

I remember when Judy Crowel & Peasy were engaged & what a big deal was made of their wedding.

Too bad it didn't last....very sad.

Honored Contributor

@Waterwoman wrote:

I remember when Judy Crowel & Peasy were engaged & what a big deal was made of their wedding.

Too bad it didn't last....very sad.

@Waterwoman  I thought that was Jeff Hewson. Or something like that.

Frequent Contributor

.you may be right, it was quite a few years ago.Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

What's?

Respected Contributor

someone should remind the remaining (for now) hosts of the saying:

"You don't have to yell to sell."

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

@pattypeep wrote:

@teacherd We all have our pet peeves or, in the alternative, our pets. I really like Jane T. and don't mind hearing about her childhood and her family. I had a dysfunctional childhood with a mother that never gave a hug or said I love you throughout my entire life. I used to have daydreams as a child of having a home like the one Jane T. describes. Heart

That's just what's wrong with Jane Tracey--she should be SELLING, not telling us about her dysfunctional childhood, her kids, etc. 

@GoneButNotForgotten  Jane didn't have a dysfunctional childhood. Just the opposite.

It has occurred to me you're probably right...because if she did, she'd be telling us about it endlessly, how she overcame it, blah blah blah.

Super Contributor

Me either. I don't watch nearly as much as I used to especially since the pandemic. The Skyping with the guests annoys me. Carolyn and Leah are the only hosts I like to watch.

Trusted Contributor

As long as it takes.