Respected Contributor

Re: What’s happening with Mary Beth?

@HonestLife wrote:

This must be from a new viewer. I WANT to know details of the garment. I recall a recent moment when I was watching the host describe a top. She was still recovering from LOGO. She failed to mention the garment had a Keyhole button in the back and didn't show the the placket. Maybe she was still choking from wearing 3 tops, leggings and pants over them. I still can't believe she is the representative for Fashions Night In. Mary Beth does a much better job and I appreciate the time she takes to investigate the item, and shares it.

This response has very little to do with the subject of the thread.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

Mary Beth is way in the lead here and I'm glad to see it!  She deserves the recognition for a job well done.  She is a person, imo, who is always trying to do her best. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mom2four0418  I was showing the difference between how important what Mary Beth shows and another host. I find Mary Beth to be one of the most concise hosts in comparison to others. So, yes, it has everything to do with the thread. 

Honored Contributor

@HonestLife

I totally understood the relevancy of the point you tried to make and agreed with you.
Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

• It looks like we have two points of view.  Those that like detailed descriptions of the garment so they know exactly what they are getting which prevents returns. And then there's those that prefer the entertainment side of QVC ---- the family stories,  the 20 questions with the vendor,  the fantasy tales, while this vendor normally focuses primarily with the fit of the garment around the buttocks.  I'm going with Mary Beth's approach 
Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@HonestLife wrote:

@mom2four0418  I was showing the difference between how important what Mary Beth shows and another host. I find Mary Beth to be one of the most concise hosts in comparison to others. So, yes, it has everything to do with the thread. 

Yes, especially the part about the other host "recovering" from presenting another line of clothing, and still choking. 

— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Valued Contributor

@mom2four0418  I'll leave it up to the viewers to decide. I will defend my opinion of Mary Beth. She's a beloved host for a reason. 

Respected Contributor

@HonestLife wrote:

@mom2four0418  I'll leave it up to the viewers to decide. I will defend my opinion of Mary Beth. She's a beloved host for a reason. 

Your opinion of her has nothing to do with the other comments, but you already know that. I don't watch QVC programming, but receiving as much information about an item is paramount. All of the salespeople on the network should provide it. 

— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Trusted Contributor

Mary Beth is a wonderful hosts,but,yes sometimes she really talks even more than the vendor.I guess more hosts should do the same.

Respected Contributor

The more garment details the better. I'm trying to avoid wasting $10 on clothing returns, and a discussion on fabric, cut, design details, and fit is very helpful. Keeping "entertainment" in the supporting role, not the star of the presentation, makes me a more informed buyer.

I would like to compliment the camera work and the host request to come in with a close shot on details. Closeups of fabrics have been a deciding factor on many a purchase. I can't keep up with all the myriad fashion fabric names the vendors have chosen to use, so without being able to handle the garment myself, it's very helpful to have good closeup views. I know immediately if that is a fabric to avoid.