New Contributor

What’s happening with Mary Beth?

I just watched Mary Beth host Women with Control. Renee Greenstein introduced a new dress, and Mary Beth couldn’t stop explaining how the dress was made! Renee was wearing the dress and did a fine job of explaining the design and how it would flatter figures inclusively. Even so, Mary Beth spent an embarrassing amount of time showing every fold and tuck (three times!) as though customers wouldn’t buy the dress otherwise. I appreciate that Mary Beth spends far more time on item details than most of the hosts. However, this time she went way overboard!
Honored Contributor

Re: What’s happening with Mary Beth?

I am sure she was doing what she was told to do.

She is a seasoned host and she trains new people.  Also,not everyone watches the complete presentation.  Some people pop in and out and they would miss part of the description, so it is repeated a few times.

Honored Contributor

The last time I wore a dress was 1974.....so I would need all the suggestions offered.....

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Maybe she was told to kill some time.  Sounds like she did a good job. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I didn't see the presentation but wasn't this the dress and didn't it virtually sell out?  One of the rules of TV selling per the experts is when an item is selling well and there is inventory, keep the item on air, and keep talking. I caught the end of the show when they announced the black dress as sold out.  Beautiful!

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is speculation.

Respected Contributor

After seeing your post, I watched the presentation and bought the dress in leopard. I think Mary Beth was chattier than usual, but appreciated all the information she provided as it was hard to see all of the dress's features in either color. 

Honored Contributor

I did not see the presentation but the picture showing the black dress --- stunning!  Oh, my goodness!  I love it!  I have not worn a dress in eons but if I had a reason to buy one, this would be the one!  Mary Beth has always been so great as a host.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Confirms what I see in these forums, the host can't please everyone. The last comments I read was that the TSV was not being shown enough, now this too much.

There always appears to be a group waiting to criticize regardless. Either host talk too much, or not enough, people are unhappy when hosts eat the food and then when they don't.

I hope the host never read these comments it would drive them crazy. 

Honored Contributor

Mary Beth is the best host on QVC IMO. 

She's genuine inside and out.