Valued Contributor

Re: What’s happening with Mary Beth?

I think part of the time she was having to kill time waiting for Renee to change clothes.

Respected Contributor

I took it as she's doing her job and then some.the younger hosts should take tips from m.b.shes old school,and very classy

Honored Contributor

Because technology is not 100% dependable, the vendors often lose their connection.  The host stretches their explanations of an item because the producer in their ear has let them know "we've lost Renee" and she cannot chime in.  It's Live TV, the host is responsible for continuing as smoothly as possible and not just leave viewers in silence.  They don't always announce to the viewer when that happens.

I've seen that many, many times over the past 18 months.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if that's what happened to Mary Beth, if it seemed like she went on endlessly..  

Honored Contributor

I watched MB and  it was fine---didn't think she over did it--it was kind of a complicated construction in my opinion and she usually makes sure to let the viewer know about those things---

Trusted Contributor

I was just going to start a thread complimenting Mary Beth on the show. sheesh! She explained things which other hosts should do. The young hosts would say “what color do you want”? And “Oh I’m buying the leopard”! Carolyn and Mary Beth are the only ones I watch anymore. I enjoyed the show thoroughly. Equal time between Mary Beth and the vendor ( my mind went blank on her name and I adore her). To act as if something was wrong with Mary Beth is just trying to find things.
Esteemed Contributor

I'll tell a few things that are NOT happening with Mary Beth.

She isn't sitting on the floor hosting in pajamas. Doesn't curl up on the sofa with her shoes on the cushions. Doesn't wear Mr. Magoo glasses. Doesn't cut her nose hairs live on tv nor scrape the dead skin off her feet on live tv. Doesn't have globs of false eyelash glue showing. Doesn't ask personal questions of the vendors nor co-hosts. Her hair looks clean and doesn't have clumps of it hanging in her face. Doesn't tie everything she wears into a knot. Doesn't lie about what size she fits into. I could go on but no doubt you get the picture.

Honored Contributor

I must've seen a different presentation than the OP.  I thought Mary Beth was her usual, professional self.

She explained the dress construction in detail so that the customer knows what she's getting.  She gave equal time to the vendor (Renee).

@Good4U - Embarrassing?  Not even close.  Informative, calm, yes.

Respected Contributor

@shaggygirl 

VERY well said.  I get what you are saying, and I completely agree with you.

Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I did not see the presentation but the picture showing the black dress --- stunning!  Oh, my goodness!  I love it!  I have not worn a dress in eons but if I had a reason to buy one, this would be the one!  Mary Beth has always been so great as a host.

I think the model has something to do with how great that dress looks in that picture!  If I had that figure, I would buy that dress and wear it everywhere all the time...

Honored Contributor

SHEESH!  The hosts here can't win. Darned it they do, and darned if they don't. ☹