Esteemed Contributor

Having 7-10 days delivery for 31 years tells me the Q isn't trying to "be the best you can be" to have happy customers. It just says "like it or lump it" and I don't care to bother.

I used to make several purchases a month. I'm still buying, but it isn't going to the Q like it once did.

Respected Contributor

I also get things slower, but for me its' not a deal breaker. Most things I buy from qvc are not purchases I need right away.

I still find their cs to be overall  excellent.

Respected Contributor

For many years (since CVN days) I have had my orders shipped via UPS by request.  No problems other than an occassional slip.These days I get deliveries from USPS, UPS and FedEx. The majority is delivered these days by USPS, which means the delivery service has to park the mail truck and walk to my door to make deliveries (about 1/2 acre), since most things are too large for a standard mail box. If it's in a bag, it's usuall crammed into the back of the box, often creasing the garment beyond help. Fed Ex sometimes comes on Sundays.  

How am I supposed to know where and when to look for dellveries? Some are sent one way and then delivered to another delivery service before coming to me I really dislike this system (if you can call it that) and am seriously considering no more orders until it gets "fixed".

Trusted Contributor

I guess I better not complain, I'm just down the road from QVC in MD and I get my packages pronto.  If I order the morning, I can get it in 3 days most of the time.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

QVC has been touting the "7 to 10 days" phrase for all the years I have been shopping here (darn near 20 years now) and still does.

That tells me there really hasn't been any innovation or desire to provide faster shipping in that time.

With all the competition now, and their faster shipping, 2 day shipping, free shipping....QVC is going to have to catch up or the will be left in the dust over time.

Respected Contributor

I have found that the shipping time is not the issue.  Time "In Process" has lengthened.  I have also found that the warehouse it comes from sometimes is the issue.

Honored Contributor

mominohio wrote:

QVC has been touting the "7 to 10 days" phrase for all the years I have been shopping here (darn near 20 years now) and still does.

That tells me there really hasn't been any innovation or desire to provide faster shipping in that time.

With all the competition now, and their faster shipping, 2 day shipping, free shipping....QVC is going to have to catch up or the will be left in the dust over time.

This (bolded by me)!   

I'm a customer since 1989 and, granted, I don't buy as much stuff as I did for a number of years, but I notice that it still takes the same amount of time.

Sure, I can be impatient especially since I do most of my online purchasing through Amazon.   Stuff ships that day, unless I order it late in the day, and I get it within a couple of days - maybe almost a week if it's a third party vendor who isn't a Prime seller.     That you can get used to!  Smiley Happy

But, I know right up front that if I am going to purchase something here it will take a week or so to arrive.   Sure, they haven't improved on that but it hasn't gotten worse at all and I'm out in the West.

What I see is that their 'processing time' is the problem.   More often than not it's 3-5 days of processing.  Then they tell you it's shipped but it doesn't actually ship for another day - or a few - and then it's in the hand of the shipper.

If they felt inclined to whittle down on that processing time I think it would be to their advantage.    Granted, unless they do something like Prime, you still wouldn't get your orders in 2 days but it would be several days faster.

I have a feeling that the majority of their customer base is people who aren't online like a lot of us are.  But that base has to be whittling down, so it's time to be able to meet 21st century standards.

Anyway, that's JMHO, FWIW.   Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Happiness Is Inside JOB  Me too.  In Maryland and the packages come fast and furious.. sometimes so fast I look up to see it a drone dropped it.  I have to be careful however because timing is everything.  If I am away for any reason I feel a bit uncomfy having it sit on my front porch or in my mailbox (rural delivery). 

Valued Contributor

I agree with you but also the minute it leaves the warehouse qvc charges your credit card which means they have their cash, and after that, they could care less if it takes forever. There change of shipping is a lie.  This knew method is saving them money, NOT THE QVC CUSTOMER, because they pay the chippers the lost amount and it travels pony express.  The longer it takes to get the product the more time they have use of your money befor eyou send it back

Honored Contributor

@Granny Nanny  You are wrong in your assumption that the goal of combined shipping service is to deliver faster... the purpose is to deliver CHEAPER.  Once a package gets into the USPS system, they will deliver it at their convenience.  I've had to leave notes for my carrier that I know they have my package and I'd like to have it delivered. 

Yes, shipping is slow.  That's the new reality of shopping with QVC. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment