Honored Contributor

Re: What's going on with the Q Guide?

@tototwo wrote:

This morning's Q Guide on my TV says there will be a show called "Turn It Up! A celebration of the guitar" for about 8 hours today.  Huh?  I flipped over to Q and it's a miscellaneous gift show.  Something's wrong somewhere.

@tototwo   My cable has had this “guitar” description for seven shows that were 3-4 hrs. long. I have no idea what’s going on!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@corita wrote:

@tototwo wrote:

This morning's Q Guide on my TV says there will be a show called "Turn It Up! A celebration of the guitar" for about 8 hours today.  Huh?  I flipped over to Q and it's a miscellaneous gift show.  Something's wrong somewhere.

----------------

I wondered about that too!!  Strange name for a show and then it is being presented like three times - many hours - today.  Guitars???

Have to say though, I did not check in on the show this morning, so really don't know why it was named that way!!!  Lately, the shows have not been intriguing enough for me to watch...

@corita

Wasn't there a guy on HSN that sold guitars....forget his name.  And with QVC/HSN under the Qurate Company umbrella, they both seem to be sharing vendors now.... 

Even my on screen TV cable Program Guide lists the Electric Guitar Show ---but 14 hrs, I didnt nor would I tune in.....

@Spurt  Yes that was HSN.  My program guide showed it as well.  I looked and thought what the heck is that???  That is not was what on.   Someone mentioned Bose?   HSN had that as a special value a day or two ago.  I was passing by channels and saw them blowing out the candles.  Tuned out real fast.  

I cannot believe anyone would buy a guitar from a shopping channel.  LOL

@BalletBabe

LOL.....Now I remember the guitar guy was Esteban!!!!!....And I flipped right passed each and every presentation....I agree odd product for a shopping channel...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhGqUj_kLJY

Gee, Bose is a multi functional product....you can purchase it to blow out candles Woman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

My guide shows 11 hours of a guitar.

If that's true, I'll sure save a lot of $ by not watching for 11 hours.

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@corita wrote:

@tototwo wrote:

----------------

I wondered about that too!!  Strange name for a show and then it is being presented like three times - many hours - today.  Guitars???

Have to say though, I did not check in on the show this morning, so really don't know why it was named that way!!!  Lately, the shows have not been intriguing enough for me to watch...

@corita

Wasn't there a guy on HSN that sold guitars....forget his name.  And with QVC/HSN under the Qurate Company umbrella, they both seem to be sharing vendors now.... 

Even my on screen TV cable Program Guide lists the Electric Guitar Show ---but 14 hrs, I didnt nor would I tune in.....

@Spurt  Yes that was HSN.  My program guide showed it as well.  I looked and thought what the heck is that???  That is not was what on.   Someone mentioned Bose?   HSN had that as a special value a day or two ago.  I was passing by channels and saw them blowing out the candles.  Tuned out real fast.  

I cannot believe anyone would buy a guitar from a shopping channel.  LOL

@BalletBabe

LOL.....Now I remember the guitar guy was Esteban!!!!!....And I flipped right passed each and every presentation....I agree odd product for a shopping channel...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhGqUj_kLJY

Gee, Bose is a multi functional product....you can purchase it to blow out candles Woman LOL

@Spurt     Oh my yes, I remeber now and I did like you flipped it off as fast as I could.  Seriously,  I have enough things to watch then them blowing out candles with a Bose.   LOLOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@tototwo wrote:

@tototwo   My cable has had this “guitar” description for seven shows that were 3-4 hrs. long. I have no idea what’s going on!!

@Shanus    Obviously a major malfunction.   LOL