Frequent Contributor

What's going on with the Q Guide?

What's going on with the guide. You use to be able to see &  print 4 weeks of the guide. Now you can look at about 3 weeks and only print the current week. What's up Q?!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What's going on with the Q Guide?

They suddenly stopped coming to my home. Maybe because, I do not shop at QVC enough?

Respected Contributor

@apple1964  They did away with the printed version mailed to customer's home quite a while ago (longer ago than the current calendar year) and it was a slow demise.

Esteemed Contributor

This morning's Q Guide on my TV says there will be a show called "Turn It Up! A celebration of the guitar" for about 8 hours today.  Huh?  I flipped over to Q and it's a miscellaneous gift show.  Something's wrong somewhere.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@aroc3435 wrote:

@apple1964  They did away with the printed version mailed to customer's home quite a while ago (longer ago than the current calendar year) and it was a slow demise.

I do not keep up with what QVC does. I did not even notice that it was not coming to the house anymore until I saw this thread.Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

The online Program Guide has been messed up sporadically during the entire holiday season.  Some days they have the same show and same host listed for 14 hours straight.  I pointed this out to the Mods here, and received a very nice response that they appreciated the heads up, and would alert their IT department.

That was a while ago, and similar errors are still being made.  I guess right now all efforts are geared towards direct sales and everything else is taking a back seat. 

Esteemed Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

This morning's Q Guide on my TV says there will be a show called "Turn It Up! A celebration of the guitar" for about 8 hours today.  Huh?  I flipped over to Q and it's a miscellaneous gift show.  Something's wrong somewhere.

----------------

I wondered about that too!!  Strange name for a show and then it is being presented like three times - many hours - today.  Guitars???

Have to say though, I did not check in on the show this morning, so really don't know why it was named that way!!!  Lately, the shows have not been intriguing enough for me to watch...

Super Contributor

I know HSN sells guitars. It could be that the channel listings are part of the crossover too?? Lol I did see on my channel guide for QVC a program listing for Bose and the description said HSN hosts would be presenting innovations from Bose. Go figure.
Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

@tototwo wrote:

----------------

I wondered about that too!!  Strange name for a show and then it is being presented like three times - many hours - today.  Guitars???

Have to say though, I did not check in on the show this morning, so really don't know why it was named that way!!!  Lately, the shows have not been intriguing enough for me to watch...

@corita

Wasn't there a guy on HSN that sold guitars....forget his name.  And with QVC/HSN under the Qurate Company umbrella, they both seem to be sharing vendors now.... 

Even my on screen TV cable Program Guide lists the Electric Guitar Show ---but 14 hrs, I didnt nor would I tune in.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@corita wrote:

@tototwo wrote:

----------------

@corita

Wasn't there a guy on HSN that sold guitars....forget his name.  And with QVC/HSN under the Qurate Company umbrella, they both seem to be sharing vendors now.... 

Even my on screen TV cable Program Guide lists the Electric Guitar Show ---but 14 hrs, I didnt nor would I tune in.....

@Spurt  Yes that was HSN.  My program guide showed it as well.  I looked and thought what the heck is that???  That is not was what on.   Someone mentioned Bose?   HSN had that as a special value a day or two ago.  I was passing by channels and saw them blowing out the candles.  Tuned out real fast.  

I cannot believe anyone would buy a guitar from a shopping channel.  LOL