Esteemed Contributor

Re: What's going on with QVC?

HSN still operates a large fulfillment center in Piney Flats, Tennessee. My recent Curtis Stone and Beekman purchases originated there. 

I've read that the joint Bethlehem facility accounts for about 25% of HSN's shipments.

New Contributor

Thanks, KVZaddict, for sharing your experience with us.  At least I know now I'm not the only one experienceing cancellation issues.  My cancellation attempts have been similar to yours:  within a few minutes of placing an order, the website says an order cannot be cancelled which means I'm stuck with both shipping charges and return shipping charges if I need to cancel an order.  My opinion is if an item ordered has not shipped, I should be able to cancel the order.  I also do not like the fact QVC has changed their item availability policy.  It used to be if an item was not in stock, QVC would offer a "waitlist" option if they anticipated possible future availability, so I knew the situation before I committed myself to ordering the item.  Now, QVC is switching to changing orders to "backordered" after accepting the order as if the item is actually available.  This is just not good customer service IMO, especially combined with the cancellation issue.  This equates to committing the customer to shipping charges and posssible return charges without disclosing the item will not immediately be available.  Caveat emptor I say:  Let the buyer beware.  I hate to say this after experiencing great customer service from QVC from so many years.  It truly saddens me to have to walk away from a company I have enjoyed for so many years.

Trusted Contributor

I'm still waiting for something I ordered on January 3, 2021 to be shipped.   Doesn't look like it will be though.  It just sits and sits in the 'preparing to ship' stage.   

Honored Contributor

@DooneyGal2 wrote:

@rms1954 Just curious, what do you mean you have no problems canceling an order?

Whenever I've tried to cancel one, unless it's basically done within 5-10 minutes of placing my order, I'm outta luck lol and it says too late to cancel your order, it's in processing. 

I've experienced this now for quite some time (at the rare times I've tried), maybe before Covid but since 2020 felt like a decade lol, hard to say. 

But seriously wondering, what your experience is, have you canceled an order a good 20 minutes or so later and succeeded? 

I can cancel any order that  has not shipped.  If it says "preparing order" or "processing order" no matter when I placed it I am able to cancel as long as the option is there.  Right now I have two items placed several hours ago and once that was ordered 1/6 that I am able to cancel.

Esteemed Contributor

You also have to look at where your order is shipping from. QVC doesn't ship everything. If it's coming directly from the vendor, then it's coming from their distribution center. Which in turn adds time to the shipment date. 

So, QVC may get your order and forward it on to the vendor, who in turn starts the process. But, so much is behind schedule these days, its just taking longer.

I ordered fabric for my store in June and I just received it on Saturday. That's a long time but it comes from overseas and everything is backed up.

Esteemed Contributor

I actually get my food orders, all of which ship directly from the vendor,  much faster than items coming from QVC distribution centers.

Frequent Contributor

I agree that QVC has had issues before and since the pandemic struck.  In speaking with many people in retail there is an ongoing issue with staffing due to Covid and a lack of people either able or willing to work. Many working parents are forced to leave their jobs due to child care issues, thus resulting in staff shortages. Those that are working are burnt out and exhausted.  I think we need to give the QVC workers at fullfillment centers a break. I think that we are all going to need to be patient, albeit, that is not easy these days.  Returns are also delayed too, 

I work at a bank as a Relationship Banker and we can't keep our Branch staffed with tellers and have had branches closing due to Covid and pushing more people toward branches that are open.  We are down to a capacity of 10 including the people working at the Branch.  People are at the end of their ropes, including myself some days.

Be well.

New Contributor

RE: 

You also have to look at where your order is shipping from. QVC doesn't ship everything. If it's coming directly from the vendor, then it's coming from their distribution center. Which in turn adds time to the shipment date. 

So, QVC may get your order and forward it on to the vendor, who in turn starts the process. But, so much is behind schedule these days, its just taking longer.

I ordered fabric for my store in June and I just received it on Saturday. That's a long time but it comes from overseas and everything is backed up."

You bring up a good point, Riley1.  The problem is QVC does not inform us as their customers in advance where our item is shipping from, nor how/who the shipping method/vendor is.

I think it's safe to say QVC has adjusted their business strategy without informing customers. 

Personally, I'd like to know the rules a company is imposing before I place an order and commit my money, and I certainly do not appreciate the rules being changed after I agree to buy something.. 

Super Contributor

I have had issues with HSN and I chalk it up to harried workers, unpredictable supply lines, and overwhelmed delivery services. Amazon even has problems. Two of my recent orders have been lost, another was delivered to the wrong address.

Super Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@DooneyGal2 wrote:

@rms1954 Just curious, what do you mean you have no problems canceling an order?

Whenever I've tried to cancel one, unless it's basically done within 5-10 minutes of placing my order, I'm outta luck lol and it says too late to cancel your order, it's in processing. 

I've experienced this now for quite some time (at the rare times I've tried), maybe before Covid but since 2020 felt like a decade lol, hard to say. 

But seriously wondering, what your experience is, have you canceled an order a good 20 minutes or so later and succeeded? 

I can cancel any order that  has not shipped.  If it says "preparing order" or "processing order" no matter when I placed it I am able to cancel as long as the option is there.  Right now I have two items placed several hours ago and once that was ordered 1/6 that I am able to cancel.

Wow, that's pretty amazing. For whatever reason that's NOT an option for me - now, I haven't literally "tested" it in the past month, but there have been a few times over the past year, that if I wanted for whatever reason, to cancel, if I wait more than 15 minutes give or take, definitely if more than 20 minutes, I'm flat out of luck. So this begs the question, why are some able and some not? Does it maybe depend on the product? Or do other things come to play such as if you have a history of placing check orders and letting them get canceled, they make it limited for you to cancel? Truly wondering lol (and I've been with QVC for over 27 years)!