New Contributor

I've been a loyal QVC customer for decades and place a lot of orders.  The past few months I've had numerous problems with my orders.  Some orders I placed have converted to "backorderd" after I placed them.  QVC used to tell customers at the time the order was placed that was a "waitlist" order if that was the case.  But no more.  To make that situation worse, QVC does not allow cancelling an order after it is placed, forcing the customer to accept the unannounced delay and pay the return shipping fee along with the original shipping charge.  Two orders I placed in December 2020 arrived unexpectedly late, only to learn my name and address were on the outside of the shipping package, but the contents were wrong and had an invoice with someone else's name and address. When I tried to get the original order sent, it was no longer available.  I'm fed up with QVC.  In the past their products, policies, and customer service were top notch, but no more.  Today I learned another 2 orders I placed have been delayed, and it is already way past the informed delivery date.  QVC is not a company that wants my continued loyalty.

Honored Contributor

Re: What's going on with QVC?

[ Edited ]

@Ladybug_ wrote:

I've been a loyal QVC customer for decades and place a lot of orders.  The past few months I've had numerous problems with my orders.  Some orders I placed have converted to "backorderd" after I placed them.  QVC used to tell customers at the time the order was placed that was a "waitlist" order if that was the case.  But no more.  To make that situation worse, QVC does not allow cancelling an order after it is placed, forcing the customer to accept the unannounced delay and pay the return shipping fee along with the original shipping charge.  Two orders I placed in December 2020 arrived unexpectedly late, only to learn my name and address were on the outside of the shipping package, but the contents were wrong and had an invoice with someone else's name and address. When I tried to get the original order sent, it was no longer available.  I'm fed up with QVC.  In the past their products, policies, and customer service were top notch, but no more.  Today I learned another 2 orders I placed have been delayed, and it is already way past the informed delivery date.  QVC is not a company that wants my continued loyalty.

Being a long-time customer for years and the amount of orders placed has nothing to do with ordering status or shipping issues.  As far as canceling orders, never ever had an issue with canceling an order.  

Honored Contributor

Do you think that the fact that we're in the middle of a Global crisis may have something to do with it?  There are constant supply chain and transportation interruptions which are beyond the ability of retailers to control.  Orders arrive late or incomplete.  Transportation providers have been overwhelmed and are inundated with more mail than they can deliver.  It has effected all retailers, not just QVC.  Surely you must have heard some of this on the news?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I too have been a long time customer here and noticed , wrong items shipped and delays and back orders , are more frequent now than ever before .

I put it down to the pandemic and try to have patience at this time .

Honored Contributor

My thoughts are QVC is in the business to make $$$$ therefore they don't disclose the inventory.  

As for shipping or delays, I think it depends on the vendor.  I have things I ordered and they are still in processing or shipping.  

So much depends on various factors can't fault QVC for everything.  I think by now most are aware of this problem.

And frankly, if you've been a long time customer (and on these forums) you are aware of the problems & aren't alone!  

Things are not the same as years ago shopping QVC.

Honored Contributor

Welcome to the forum.  

While shipping delays are not QVC's fault, some of the issues you address like wrong contents in a package are pure carelessness.  Others complained of receiving others orders, too.

Also, QVC selling something that was not in stock.  It appears to me some items were expected to arrive on a certain date, they didn't because shipments were delayed, possibly, the reason for switching to backorders.

On occasion QVC will say something is an advanced order and give a specific date when it will be shipped, but again, they might be a late delivery to their fulfillment centers and can't ship when promised.  Advanced orders can be cancelled.

Not being able to cancel is a common complaint, particularly when we see something "in process" for days and days.  Now, they are using "preparing your order."  To me, it's the same as "in process."

It's possible some orders sent directly from vendors are unable to be cancelled, but I don't see why those coming from a QVC fulfillment center can't be cancelled.  

Your packages are out of QVC's hands after they are picked up by shippers.  Others here explained the problems shippers have been having.  

Esteemed Contributor

I think they are hiring people who are not trained and don,t care.  It,s happening all over.

GET HSN IS GREAT.  I ORDERED HSN AND 5 DAYS LATER  RECEIVED MY ORDER.  THEY DON,T HOLD IT IN PROCESS FOR DAYS.  YOU CAN CANCEL WITHIN HOURS.  THEY SHIPPED NEXT DAY. THEY ARE what QVC use to be years ago.  Poster was right, they have gone downhill. HSN  DOESN,T SEEM TO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH COVID. IN SHIPPING AND ETTING IT TO CUSTOMER IN A TIMELY MANNER.

Honored Contributor

@qvcaddition.  Strange this should happen since they're shipping from the same warehouses by the same people now, unless it's vendor shipped.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Mail Innovations is the absolute pits. Unfortunately that is the way Q prefers to ship. I’ve had more orders go missing then I even care to count that have been shipped this way. Meanwhile I receive all HSN orders at my door by efficient UPS usually within a week.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ladybug_  ... The only thing I now order from QVC is the Tova Signature Eau de Parfum.  The reason being that the things you have listed have been going on for years (processing takes forever, can't cancel an order, prices are not competitive, etc.)  It is nothing new.